Integrad backed up??

zero

Took TCD position about a month ago. Got all precourse stuff done and HR says still waiting on dates for Integrad?? Is there not 5 Integrad schools?

10 point

You get sent to the closest facility. So it doesn't matter how many schools they have
Here in Ohio they're sending our new drivers to the "NEW" driving school in Phoenix, AZ. We have 3 going in about a month spread at $800 per airline ticket.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

they just had a week of classes at my building. people from other surrounding areas also train here, I just happen to work at that building.
Last year UPS was training new drivers, seasonal and Air drivers from surrounding Centers around the state at my building. A few after failing Integrad and waiting 6 months passed at our in house school.

livin the dream

Yep. That's how mine was.

So glad I didn't go to intergrad. You learn more in the first two days of work anyway.

yea I agree. the sup that went out with me for the first few days taught me how to do the job. I could've done without the class entirely except for the driving practice. it was nice to get a feel for the package cars in the yard first.

PT Car Washer

My building last week was conducting an in house package car training course. I was very surprised as we still have a dozen PC drivers laid off. Could be for Air drivers or seasonal drivers from around the state. Noticed about 6 students doing package car driver training. Could also be a pre Integrad training course to better prepare future candidates.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My building last week was conducting an in house package car training course. I was very surprised as we still have a dozen PC drivers laid off. Could be for Air drivers or seasonal drivers from around the state. Noticed about 6 students doing package car driver training. Could also be a pre Integrad training course to better prepare future candidates.
Yep is there anywhere that still needs package cars?

We have 15-20% of our drivers sitting at home everyday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have about a dozen drivers on lay off which is why I was surprised to see the class. My building also trains for Centers from around the state so that may be the reason.
I know drivers in multiple building. Every one is over staffed and has a lot of layoffs. All while still hiring more drivers currently. Makes no sense. Something weird is going on.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have a few on layoff and I have volunteered to take a couple of weeks off (I was off today). Mine is a medium, out-state center and 3 are talking about retiring this year and 2 next. A bid is going up for 2 TCDs and I suspect that they will both be able to sign permanent bids in the next year....

To the OP, you will go to intergrad when you go. There is no point going now and then not driving for 2 months. You will forgot everything you learned.