Integrad backed up??

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by zero, Mar 22, 2015.

1. zero

zero New Member

Took TCD position about a month ago. Got all precourse stuff done and HR says still waiting on dates for Integrad?? Is there not 5 Integrad schools?

2. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

You get sent to the closest facility. So it doesn't matter how many schools they have

3. zero

zero New Member

The Precourse papers said landover md. Just been waiting awhile for a date to go.

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Keep waiting. Shortly after they know, you will know.

5. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

do they make all new drivers go to integrad now? I started last year and I didn't have to go

6. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

What was if for before they sent new drivers there?

7. livin the dream

they just had a week of classes at my building. people from other surrounding areas also train here, I just happen to work at that building.

8. 10 point

10 point Well-Known Member

Here in Ohio they're sending our new drivers to the "NEW" driving school in Phoenix, AZ. We have 3 going in about a month spread at $800 per airline ticket.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Last year UPS was training new drivers, seasonal and Air drivers from surrounding Centers around the state at my building. A few after failing Integrad and waiting 6 months passed at our in house school.

10. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

wut??

When there's room to go to class, you'll go. Simple as that

11. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

This.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yep. That's how mine was.

So glad I didn't go to intergrad. You learn more in the first two days of work anyway.

13. livin the dream

yea I agree. the sup that went out with me for the first few days taught me how to do the job. I could've done without the class entirely except for the driving practice. it was nice to get a feel for the package cars in the yard first.

14. zero

zero New Member

now there saying may 31 is the next availiable???
    long way off!!

15. PT Car Washer

My building last week was conducting an in house package car training course. I was very surprised as we still have a dozen PC drivers laid off. Could be for Air drivers or seasonal drivers from around the state. Noticed about 6 students doing package car driver training. Could also be a pre Integrad training course to better prepare future candidates.

16. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Integrand and ORION must have been dreamed up by the same idiot.

17. Brownslave688

Yep is there anywhere that still needs package cars?

We have 15-20% of our drivers sitting at home everyday.

18. PT Car Washer

We have about a dozen drivers on lay off which is why I was surprised to see the class. My building also trains for Centers from around the state so that may be the reason.

19. Brownslave688

I know drivers in multiple building. Every one is over staffed and has a lot of layoffs. All while still hiring more drivers currently. Makes no sense. Something weird is going on.

20. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We have a few on layoff and I have volunteered to take a couple of weeks off (I was off today). Mine is a medium, out-state center and 3 are talking about retiring this year and 2 next. A bid is going up for 2 TCDs and I suspect that they will both be able to sign permanent bids in the next year....

To the OP, you will go to intergrad when you go. There is no point going now and then not driving for 2 months. You will forgot everything you learned.