Integrad depth of knowledge

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by User123, Aug 20, 2015.

1. User123

User123 New Member

At integrad do you need to be able to recite the habits and rules verbatim or are they looking to make sure you have a good understanding of the rules? In other words are they going to fail you over missing a word here or there when clearly you know the meaning behind the rules but its just not verbatim?
  2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

3. Tough Guy

Tough Guy Active Member

In my experience they wanted the 5 seeing habits verbatim. The 10 point commentary they wanted close to verbatim, and then we had to be able to explain what it meant, and be able to answer their follow up questions pertaining to them.
  4. Learn it one piece at a time. Don't try to learn it all in one day. Too many phrases.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Whargoul

Whargoul Active Member

You should know it before you go to Integrad because they are going to make you remember a whole lot of other stuff like pre-trip, driver drill..etc by heart and they give you a day to remember it.
  6. Anthonysg0113

Anthonysg0113 Active Member

You get until Wednesday of the week to get it right. Then they start failing people.
  7. Number24

Number24 #24

I'm in preload at the moment, but a buddy of mine who's a driver gave me his DOK card so I can be ahead of the game
  8. moldsporh

moldsporh Active Member

Forget the guy with impeccable work ethics and a head on his shoulders, keep the one who wrote down

find a safe path well ahead

and kick the one to the curb who wrote

Find a safe path ahead
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. User123

User123 New Member

Moldsporh, that's kinda what I'm talking about. I've been through tons of audits on preload and local sort and it has always been about demonstrating that you have a working knowledge of the rules. Although after 8 years part time I basically do know the 8, 5, and 8 verbatim.
  10. User123

User123 New Member

I mean I've got a 10 days to study and I'll give it a go. If they want a robot, I may not cut it but if they want a safe worker, it might pan out just fine.
  11. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Just do whatever they ask. But know that once you actually start driving you absolutely will not use any of it verbatim. Most of it won't be used at all. The 5 Seeing Habits is what you'll end up using the most but you'll just use your basic understanding of it and that's all that matters. You'll even start using it in your own personal vehicle and won't even realize it.
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I would like to see data showing that all this dribble has any affect on accident rates.
  13. bddaddy

bddaddy Member

One thing they'll let you do is write the words down on paper in front of them. You do this and it makes it a whole bunch easier to just read it back. Just trying to say it in front of them is pretty hard under the preasure you feel!
  14. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

It's all about appearance to the insurance companies.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Dribble-----something tall black guys do with a basketball.

Drivel-----useless information.

This "dribble" has made me a safer driver.
  16. Another quality and hateful post.

Thanks for sharing.
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Drivel----useless information. Examples would be the majority of posts by I've Gotta Package 4U.
  18. Forgot to mention racist too.
  19. Better go look in the mirror.
  20. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Thanks for your help but I was referring to the stream produced by the kidneys, waste product-if you will, an unnecessary ooze or seep. In that order my use of dribble is quite applicable.