Integrad depth of knowledge

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Just do whatever they ask. But know that once you actually start driving you absolutely will not use any of it verbatim. Most of it won't be used at all. The 5 Seeing Habits is what you'll end up using the most but you'll just use your basic understanding of it and that's all that matters. You'll even start using it in your own personal vehicle and won't even realize it.

I would like to see data showing that all this dribble has any affect on accident rates.

It's all about appearance to the insurance companies.

I am a driver trainer and have been through mdst. It's not that this "dribble" doesn't work it's that most drivers aren't given the whole picture, some drivers don't apply what they know and then there are some who just flat out refuse to try.

All of our circle of honor drivers are 100% on DOK.

In the end, I try to use all I the methods I can for one reason, it works.

The People who came up with this stuff didn't work for ups.

And I'll entertain that if it you believe it doesn't work, or you refuse to try, you'll be the one siting at home on disability saying, "I never followed the methods! I sure showed them!"

Overpaid Union Thug

I am a driver trainer and have been through mdst. It's not that this "dribble" doesn't work it's that most drivers aren't given the whole picture, some drivers don't apply what they know and then there are some who just flat out refuse to try.

The dribble should only be recited verbatim by management personnel that have a job that includes duties that pertain to package/feeder work. They should be able to do so ONLY to provide consistency in training across the board. Other than that it is a waste of valuable time and resources to beat the phrases and their punctuation to death when teaching the methods to drivers.

All of our circle of honor drivers are 100% on DOK.

There is no correlation between driving safely/following the methods and insanely reciting a bunch of dribble verbatim. It is impossible for a driver to simultaneously recite the dribble to themselves and concentrate on the other tasks that require their attention during and between stops. We would all go insane.

In the end, I try to use all I the methods I can for one reason, it works.

That is what I do. What I don't do is waste anymore time obsessively memorizing DOK verbatim. I was required to in driver training but in the real world the basic understanding and core of what is in the 5 Seeing Habits and the 10 Point Commentary is all that is needed.

The People who came up with this stuff didn't work for ups.

And that is the problem.

And I'll entertain that if it you believe it doesn't work, or you refuse to try, you'll be the one siting at home on disability saying, "I never followed the methods! I sure showed them!"

The ability to follow the methods isn't hindered by being incapable of, or refusing to, memorize the grammar and punctuation of the safety dribble that was concocted in an office by a desk jockey. I know this because I haven't tried to recite ANY of it verbatim since I was tested on it in driving "school." I know exactly what the 5 Seeing Habits means and use it daily but I couldn't recite it to the T right now even if I wanted to. And the 10 Point Commentary? LOL! No thanks.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I know a few trainers who know this by heart inside and out ,, would I want to be their passenger in a feeder on a snowy night ???? Two words....... HELL NO !!!

Covemastah

Intergrad. 1989 style ...
Three days of sheet writing lessons ,, on paper ,, one hour ride around the block in the ( fish bowl ) , one guy fired on spot hit a curb ,, 1/2. Hour movie on All good kids like milk ,,,, day 4 ahh trainer is busy ,, here are the keys a map and 150 stops ,, don't kill any one don't miss pick ups and don't miss any pkgs!! Have a good day ,, call every two hours or your fired !!! Ahhhh the good old days !!

Covemastah

Would like to add ,, living in New England ,, the empire assumed we knew how to walk on ice already ! No training or videos needed !!