Integrity and Compliance

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Soooo, what do y'all think of the new Unit led by the new Corporate VP of Integrity and Compliance? I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this excerpt from the Letter from the Chairman.
image.jpg

And then today we got a broadcast about "scanning integrity". I saw it and I was thinking, Wait, are these the same managers who told us on MLK Day that if there was even a remote possibility that a business MIGHT be closed to leave it behind??? Or when we were DOT and running out of hours, we were instructed to code stops as closed even though we didn't go anywhere near them? Where was the integrity then?

bbsam

Staff member
Soooo, what do y'all think of the new Unit led by the new Corporate VP of Integrity and Compliance? I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this excerpt from the Letter from the Chairman. View attachment 69994

And then today we got a broadcast about "scanning integrity". I saw it and I was thinking, Wait, are these the same managers who told us on MLK Day that if there was even a remote possibility that a business MIGHT be closed to leave it behind??? Or when we were DOT and running out of hours, we were instructed to code stops as closed even though we didn't go anywhere near them? Where was the integrity then?
WAGN baby!

Purplepackage

Soooo, what do y'all think of the new Unit led by the new Corporate VP of Integrity and Compliance? I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this excerpt from the Letter from the Chairman. View attachment 69994

Had an entire road I couldn't go up yesterday because of ice, dex 84 on the package. Get a message from dispatch that I need to put a code 03 on it. LOL

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

That's when you collect every bit of documentation you can and go to the senior manager, the first 2 levels of HR, and the managing director. Someone will bite.

If you don't feel comfortable going that route, call the internal snitch line and tell them the story and what documentation you have. It's like dangling bloody meat in front of sharks.

bacha29

On the surface it's PR ploy. Pull back the curtain and you will plainly see that it's a new device designed to reinforce the iron fisted will and absolute power of that company. Just some more corporate muscle designed to make sure their power is never challenged . In other words a corporate Gestapo, maybe even worse a 21st century version of the Waffen SS.

59 Dano

On the surface it's PR ploy. Pull back the curtain and you will plainly see that it's a new device designed to reinforce the iron fisted will and absolute power of that company. Just some more corporate muscle designed to make sure their power is never challenged . In other words a corporate Gestapo, maybe even worse a 21st century version of the Waffen SS.

Wow.

vantexan

Are they trying to bolster the corporate image for newer employees? "Look, we've got a new pay program and we are so honest we even say so in writing. Come work for us!" #fedexpride

FedExer267

What a joke!!!! Yes we have the highest ethical standards that's why we have non employees running around delivering packages and you supplement their income with your tax dollars paying for their food stamps and medical.. LMAO!!!

dmac1

This is only for external uses- like in lawsuits to 'prove' that unethical behavior is not due to the company. Fedex's idea of unethical is that if it isn't strictly illegal, it is ethical.

bacha29

Right from the beginning Ground has been trying to bypass long standing law in order to preserve it's industry leading profit margins.

59 Dano

I somehow get the impression that you are finding it ever more difficult to maintain your position as an apologist for Ex and at the same time not compromise your personal integrity.:confused:

Never been an apologist. Looking at it from a practical standpoint. I could say "10-4, will do" and forget about it or I can get into a urinating match with a dispatcher and try to be the Perry Mason legal eagle and waste my time.

Given a choice, I'd let my dispatcher call my bosses and explain to them why I should falsify a DEX as opposed to me doing the falsifying and having to explain it.

bacha29

With no governng legal authority in place with the power to force X to comply with it's proclaimations written or otherwise the interpretation and appication of the policies will be whatever they say it is at the moment and will be in the manner that best serves the interests of the company.