Integrity Failures at your Building

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I had an integrity failure today. I had a big ass signature required package. Nobody home. It's possible I might kinda maybe know that the consignees folks live up the road. Friday night. NI1 See you Monday.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I am unclear how that didn't answer your question I. Excellence is subjective in this world as you should be aware of. So is integrity. Now as you do, I believe true integrity to be an attribute of God. However, I don't project this onto other people because me being who and what I am would make me a colossal hypocrite. You can hardly blame the BOD for what the Center/Hub level managers are doing. Plus, it's not happening across the board. I am actually pretty lucky to have a reasonable management team in all the sorts and centers. There are a few who's giveadamn broke years ago...but they seem to be the exception and not the rule. UPS so far as stock goes achieves excellence and in the day to day operation where 97% of packages get delivered on time and as expected can be considered very high on the integrity end of things. It's the few managers and others that bog the 3%. I'll take 97% any day of the week but would push for excellence since sitting on your laurels gets you nowhere.

Integrity

Binge Poster
INTEGRITY FAILURE,

You never seem to give constructive advise. All I ever see you do is ask questions. "Why do you think this is so?" These are untrue statements.

Sincerely,
U

To all:

It has been reported to me that integrity is truly not at the core of all we do at UPS.

Why would the Corporate Executives of a company be dishonest about this?

The Corporate Executives have boldly made this claim in the foundational documents of UPS yet it has been reported to me that integrity failures are widespread.

Integrity is held in the highest regard in the UPS Policy Book, the UPS Code of Conduct, and the UPS Charter and other source documents all put out by Corporate.

If integrity and excellence are not at the core of all we do and they (the Corporate Executives of UPS) know this, then why would they make this false claim?

What do you think about this?

False claims are all bad but a false claim that a group of Corporate Executives make about the place integrity has in the day to day running of the company that they oversee seems to me to be particularly unethical.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I had an integrity failure today. I had a big ass signature required package. Nobody home. It's possible I might kinda maybe know that the consignees folks live up the road. Friday night. NI1 See you Monday. What is your point?

To all:

It has been reported to me that integrity is truly not at the core of all we do at UPS.

The Corporate Executives have boldly made this claim in the foundational documents of UPS yet it has been reported to me that integrity failures are widespread.

Integrity is held in the highest regard in the UPS Policy Book, the UPS Code of Conduct, and the UPS Charter and other source documents all put out by Corporate.

If integrity and excellence are not at the core of all we do and they (the Corporate Executives of UPS) know this, then why would they make this false claim?

False claims are all bad but a false claim that a group of Corporate Executives make about the place integrity has in the day to day running of the company that they oversee seems to me to be particularly unethical.

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had an integrity failure today. I had a big ass signature required package. Nobody home. It's possible I might kinda maybe know that the consignees folks live up the road. Friday night. NI1 See you Monday.

If you knew that your wife wasn't going to get off work until 6pm (or later) and you were home by 5:30 why didn't you take the few minutes to indirect the package and not have to deal with it on Monday?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am unclear how that didn't answer your question I. Excellence is subjective in this world as you should be aware of. So is integrity. I am not sure I agree with this. I will think on this more. Now as you do, I believe true integrity to be an attribute of God. However, I don't project this onto other people because me being who and what I am would make me a colossal hypocrite. Having discussions about matters of integrity is a good thing and it projects nothing on anyone. You can hardly blame the BOD for what the Center/Hub level managers are doing.Yes I can. Plus, it's not happening across the board. Generally speaking it does represent the corrupt hearts and culture within the company. I am actually pretty lucky to have a reasonable management team in all the sorts and centers. That is great to hear. There are a few who's giveadamn broke years ago...but they seem to be the exception and not the rule. UPS so far as stock goes achieves excellence and in the day to day operation where 97% of packages get delivered on time and as expected can be considered very high on the integrity end of things. It's the few managers and others that bog the 3%. I'll take 97% any day of the week but would push for excellence since sitting on your laurels gets you nowhere. Based upon my experience and observations and the reports that I have received about what goes on I find your numbers very hard to believe. Just my opinion.
sortaisle,

I have reposted the statements and the follow up questions for this discussion.

Sincerely,
I

To all:

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
If you knew that your wife wasn't going to get off work until 6pm (or later) and you were home by 5:30 why didn't you take the few minutes to indirect the package and not have to deal with it on Monday?
UpstateNYUPSer,

In spite of our differences I really appreciate your attitude toward trying to serve your customers!

Although sometimes we differ on methods you are a great example in this area.

Sincerely,
I