Integrity has failed...

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why don’t you get another job? This job, as they stress when you are hired, is affected by weather. The buildings are not cooled and are not heated to 70 degrees. They are not now and they were not when you took the job. There are many good jobs that are climate controlled.
The reason UPS exists is not to give you or I the job of our dreams. UPS exists for only one reason, to make a profit for its shareholders. As the owner of the company, I don’t think it will make me more profit to spend millions of dollars per year so a replicable part time employee doesn’t need to wear a coat.
It’s not about us.

sano,

Telling someone to get another job because they bring forth a concern is wrong.

Your statement about why UPS exists is untrue. The corporate executives claim in the current UPS Policies that UPS exists for so much more than that and that the strength of UPS is its people working together for a common purpose.
Are you saying that the corporate executives of UPS are making false claims in their written policies?

Sincerely,
I

stoni24

stoni24,
It is quite a shame that the corporate executives of UPS make false claims as to how they conduct themselves as an organization. Current UPS Policy makes a false claim that states that the corporate executives care about and actually promote the good health of their people. The UPS Policy also claims to provide safe, clean and pleasant places to work. You can find this information respectively on pages 18 and 25 of the current UPS Policy Book.

Anyone knows that doing the strenuous work of package handling in the sweatshop conditions that the corporate executives of UPS knowingly provide in the warm seasons and the warm weather states does nothing to promote the good health of their people and is a most unpleasant environment to work in.

Anyone also knows that air conditioning in vehicles is really not an option any more, this is the 21st century. The least this company could and should do is to see that the cabs of the package cars are air conditioned.

No, I do not want to swap hubs.

Sincerely,
I

The 45 degrees that our therm. is set to is pleasant. Ever consider your co-workers? If everyone at your hub voted to turn up the heat, would it even pass? Cuz somebody there is working alot harder than you or you wouldn't be cold. I loaded cars for 2 peaks, as a temp outside! Average temp was around 25 and I could have left anytime that I didn't like it.

Blizzard

sano,

Your statement about why UPS exists is untrue. The corporate executives claim in the current UPS Policies that UPS exists for so much more than that and that the strength of UPS is its people working together for a common purpose.
Are you saying that the corporate executives of UPS are making false claims in their written policies?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity I'm afraid you set yourself up for failure.
The creation of an Integrity ID was an interesting one. It signified an exciting new twist to these forums.
what you ended up chasing however was a non issue.
UPS has heating guidelines they abide by. Probably not a degree more then required but they do abide by them.
Thus you were doomed to fail by picking this issue as your first battle to chase.
Some of the other criticism may have some meat to them. When you sell yourself as the keeper of integrity then people expect more from you then simply making an anonymous phone call.

blue efficacy

When it is below zero out, it gets very cold in my building, especially this last winter. I am certainly not saying they should heat it to 70, but 50 is certainly not unreasonable. I layered up and wore a hat and gloves, yet still by the end of my shift I was very, very cold and my fingers were going numb.

Is this an integrity issue? Considering UPS, in my area, elected to pay a fine to the state rather than properly heat the building, I believe it is.

Bottom line, you shouldn't be able to see your breath when working indoors, unless you're working in a refrigerator. Don't anyone throw that "it's a warehouse" line on me either. When I did driver helper, every warehouse I delivered to, there were several, had adequate heat.

Oh, and if there was a vote at my building, I am sure a very strong majority would have voted for more heat. People who used to work in t shirts and shorts in winters past (when it still wasn't incredibly hot in the building) were even bundled up this year.

I think anyone dismissing this complaint as petty does not live in a locale that experiences brutal winters like I do. People who think it's cold outside when it dips below 40, lol.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The 45 degrees that our therm. is set to is pleasant. Ever consider your co-workers? If everyone at your hub voted to turn up the heat, would it even pass? Cuz somebody there is working alot harder than you or you wouldn't be cold. I loaded cars for 2 peaks, as a temp outside! Average temp was around 25 and I could have left anytime that I didn't like it.

stoni24,
You don't have to agree but you must know that this was a major concern this winter among UPS Employees. It is a shame that more of them who complained about the cold buildings because of the Corporate UPS cost cutting initiative are not chiming in here.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
When it is below zero out, it gets very cold in my building, especially this last winter. I am certainly not saying they should heat it to 70, but 50 is certainly not unreasonable. I layered up and wore a hat and gloves, yet still by the end of my shift I was very, very cold and my fingers were going numb.

Is this an integrity issue? Considering UPS, in my area, elected to pay a fine to the state rather than properly heat the building, I believe it is.

Bottom line, you shouldn't be able to see your breath when working indoors, unless you're working in a refrigerator. Don't anyone throw that "it's a warehouse" line on me either. When I did driver helper, every warehouse I delivered to, there were several, had adequate heat.

Oh, and if there was a vote at my building, I am sure a very strong majority would have voted for more heat. People who used to work in t shirts and shorts in winters past (when it still wasn't incredibly hot in the building) were even bundled up this year.

I think anyone dismissing this complaint as petty does not live in a locale that experiences brutal winters like I do. People who think it's cold outside when it dips below 40, lol.

blue efficacy,
Thank you for your contribution to this discussion thread.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity I'm afraid you set yourself up for failure.

Blizzard,
I knew in advance that Integrity would not be welcome.
The false claims about integrity that are made by the corporate executives of UPS in the UPS Code of Business Conduct and the current UPS Policy Book is truly a setup for a failure of integrity.

The creation of an Integrity ID was an interesting one. It signified an exciting new twist to these forums.

Thank You

what you ended up chasing however was a non issue.

This was an issue to many UPSers this winter.

UPS has heating guidelines they abide by. Probably not a degree more then required but they do abide by them.

UPS can pretty much set their own guidelines. They do sometimes set guidelines that violate their own policies and standards.

Thus you were doomed to fail by picking this issue as your first battle to chase.

I hope I have learned something from this failure.

Some of the other criticism may have some meat to them.

I am interested in any dialogue that will be beneficial. I even wouldn't mind hearing some of the points that you may agree with. Feel free to agree.

When you sell yourself as the keeper of integrity then people expect more from you then simply making an anonymous phone call.

I never said I was gong to do more than make an anonymous phone call about this issue. I have done what I said I was going to do. Even though I have failed, I have kept my word with this issue.

Sincerely,
I

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned

Roflmao. your posts reek of feigned sincerity.

whats next In teg raw tee. what phony crusade will you next attack from the shadows?

UPSSOCKS

UPSSOCKS,
You are wrong. Many UPS employees care about the Building Heat Concern and even more care about Integrity and the lack of it at UPS. The problem is most of them are silent. It will be a great day when these silent employees become the loud voice for what is right. It is my hope that the day is coming when management who treat people the UPSSOCKS way will no longer be welcome working for UPS.
Sincerely,
I

Here is an Idea start a company and then you can set the heat to whatever temperature you want it to be. As long as you work for UPS you work in the temperature we choose. I am glad you got the treatment you did when you called the hotline. I hope it hit home that no one cares about you or your concerns.. You are a trouble maker, and your a coward because you wouldn't even give the hotline your name. Grow up and buy some thermals and if it's still too cold, I heard McDonalds was hiring.......

sano

sano,

Sincerely,
I

I am not telling to get another job because you brought forth a concern. I am telling you to get another job because you would be happier. UPS is not going to change. UPS is a tough job. Just like when you were hired the buildings get cold in the winter and hot in the summer. From what you are saying here that seems to be a deal breaker for you. So for your own happiness try to find work that fits you. I am not saying this in a degrading way, I just see some people at this company that hate the work and hate the company and complain all the time. Life is too short. If you cant live with it move on. If its not that big of a deal to you stop complaining.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
My God: How did you know? I thought nobody remembered. I just got the 30th anniversary set from Amazon.com. I was going to get the remastered set from England's Amazon but it was too expensive. We loved that show when it came out. (Guess I'm a fanatic)

I loved it too, I'm a huge SciFi nerd. I had Eagle models hanging from my ceiling and an Alpha layout!

blue efficacy

I am not telling to get another job because you brought forth a concern. I am telling you to get another job because you would be happier. UPS is not going to change. UPS is a tough job. Just like when you were hired the buildings get cold in the winter and hot in the summer. From what you are saying here that seems to be a deal breaker for you. So for your own happiness try to find work that fits you. I am not saying this in a degrading way, I just see some people at this company that hate the work and hate the company and complain all the time. Life is too short. If you cant live with it move on. If its not that big of a deal to you stop complaining.
UPS used to get COOL in the winter, but not cold. This winter it got truly cold due to the budget cuts.

sano

I am in a pretty good size hub. We got down to 35ish in the building but not too cold. I am sure working in the trailers it would be colder.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Integrity would be better off starting a "Coats for Hub-workers" program than wasting his/her time with the approach that he/she chose.
I have been in Centers and Hubs in the dead of winter and have seen many people wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts.
Get my 401k match back Integrity!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Integrity would be better off starting a "Coats for Hub-workers" program than wasting his/her time with the approach that he/she chose.
I have been in Centers and Hubs in the dead of winter and have seen many people wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts.
Get my 401k match back Integrity!!!

I have worked in cathouses with no heat, on radiational cooling nights, -10F. It was around 5-15f "inside". Spent several mornings battling frostbite on the face, ears, etc

Try working 4 hours in that, thermals or whatever gear you choose...it's still dangerously cold for long-term exposure. If you dressed warm enough, you wouldn't be able to move to load the trucks.

I have worked in freezer/coolers warmer than that; talking from experience here. Those companies at least provide head to toe protective suits to wear, for which you can basically waddle around inside of.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Here is an Idea start a company and then you can set the heat to whatever temperature you want it to be. As long as you work for UPS you work in the temperature we choose. I am glad you got the treatment you did when you called the hotline. I hope it hit home that no one cares about you or your concerns.. You are a trouble maker, and your a coward because you wouldn't even give the hotline your name. Grow up and buy some thermals and if it's still too cold, I heard McDonalds was hiring.......
UPSSOCKS,
Although I disagree with your response, this response is honest and to the point. Maybe this is exactly how the corporate executives feel too. I wish they would have given me a straight forward response like you did.

If this is how the management of UPS feels then it just proves that the corporate executives are publishing dishonest work papers that makes false claims as to how they conduct themselves as an organization. If you are correct then thank you UPSSOCKS, for proving to me what I had already suspected. The corporate executives of UPS are fraudulantly representing themselves to their employees. Heck, they are fraudualantly representing themselves to themselves. There is no evidence that the UPS Code Of Business Conduct or the UPS Policy Book was attempted to be followed by them with regards to this concern or the response to this concern.
Sincerely,
I