Integrity issues?

john346

No more Brown!
You gotta love it, they dispatch you 50 stops above normal, crummy snow drifted roads, marginal tire tread, you call in 4 times letting them know you can't clean in 12 hours. THEN, when you return at your 12, actually finish your paperwork etc off the clock, they sheet the excess as "emergency conditions"!
I argued that had more time been allowed, it could be finished and clean, and these stops were "missed" pure & simple, but the report said it was foggy out there.
Try it sometime, have your kids game or practice that you can't make in time, and sheet a single stop as emergency conditions. Bet it's a different outcome. Integrity my butt.
:biting:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You gotta love it, they dispatch you 50 stops above normal, crummy snow drifted roads, marginal tire tread, you call in 4 times letting them know you can't clean in 12 hours. THEN, when you return at your 12, actually finish your paperwork etc off the clock, they sheet the excess as "emergency conditions"!
I argued that had more time been allowed, it could be finished and clean, and these stops were "missed" pure & simple, but the report said it was foggy out there.
Try it sometime, have your kids game or practice that you can't make in time, and sheet a single stop as emergency conditions. Bet it's a different outcome. Integrity my butt.

Another example of customer service. They use this excuse all winter while over dispatching.

island1fox

John,
Not saying life is always fair but from personal experience I have seen these"emergency" days where many great drivers fight the elements and come to work only to be overdispatched because many of their fellow drivers decided it would be better to screw you and the company and customers and stay in bed. Use the "Integrity" card with care and caution.
The drivers that did not come in that made a bad situation worse-- what do you say about their Integrity ????:wink2:
Or can you see situations only one way ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
John,
Not saying life is always fair but from personal experience I have seen these"emergency" days where many great drivers fight the elements and come to work only to be overdispatched because many of their fellow drivers decided it would be better to screw you and the company and customers and stay in bed. Use the "Integrity" card with care and caution.
The drivers that did not come in that made a bad situation worse-- what do you say about their Integrity ????:wink2:

How about you?
Do you have vision in both directions?
Can you see were the driver that didn't come in, did so for fear of being thrown under the bus if involved in an "avoidable" accident.
After all they are all "avoidable" right.
That's the best way to avoid an "avoidable" accident, call off on adverse weather days.
You guys made the bed, now "lie" in it.

How about you?
Can you see were the driver that didn't come in, did so for fear of being thrown under the bus if involved in an "avoidable" accident.
That's the best way to avoid an "avoidable" accident, call off on adverse weather days.
Damm it Bubblehead you beat me to it +1

Dragon

Package Center Manager
How about you?

and thats why we get to call it emergency conditions.....we get to make the decision and you don't.
Now "lie" on that...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
and thats why we get to call it emergency conditions.....we get to make the decision and you don't.
Now "lie" on that...

Because I said so?
Really that's all you got?
In reality I was commenting on drivers calling off on snow days, but whatever Dad.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

Snow drifted roads is an emergency condition. Missing an appointment is not an emergency condition. I see no integrity issue with using emergency conditions in snow or foggy conditions if this creates a delay or slow down of the normal delivery process. No matter what reason is given, they are still missed deliveries.

island1fox

How about you?

Bubblehead,
Short and sweet ----This thread is about INTEGRITY ----when all management are pulling loads and good professional drivers that do a great job in any weather conditions are overdispatched because dirt bags LIE and call in sick not caring about fellow drivers , their customers or their jobs --if you cannot see that as lack of Integrity --no sense in me continuing the discussion.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubblehead,
Short and sweet ----This thread is about INTEGRITY ----when all management are pulling loads and good professional drivers that do a great job in any weather conditions are overdispatched because dirt bags LIE and call in sick not caring about fellow drivers , their customers or their jobs --if you cannot see that as lack of Integrity --no sense in me continuing the discussion.

Nice try, but all you were doing was trying to divert the attention from management (op's original intent) to supposed dirt bag, lying drivers who called off that day.
I missed that part in his post about the excessive absenteeism?
Had that been the case I asked you to see things from both angles, just as you had asked.
Absenteeism and snow days are indeed often related.
Management goes out of their way to rule accidents avoidable.
All I did was turn your little shell game back on you, which you obviously didn't like.
Management over dispatch us everyday, weather aside.
They layoff/schedule off drivers and cut cars rain or shine.
Don't make this out to be an attendance issue.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If it can't be delivered because a road is blown shut, that is EC. If it can't be delivered simply because dispatch ran too few routes and we ran out of time, missed.

browned out

Nice try, but all you were doing was trying to divert the attention from management (op's original intent) to supposed dirt bag, lying drivers who called off that day.
I missed that part in his post about the excessive absenteeism?
Had that been the case I asked you to see things from both angles, just as you had asked.
Absenteeism and snow days are indeed often related.
Management goes out of their way to rule accidents avoidable.
All I did was turn your little shell game back on you, which you obviously didn't like.
Management over dispatch us everyday, weather aside.
They layoff/schedule off drivers and cut cars rain or shine.
Don't make this out to be an attendance issue.

+1 It has been and always shall be that integrity is judged by mangagement and is subject to change at their discretion.
Sheet em as missed.

john346

No more Brown!
John,

EZ there fella. Bull:censored2: is bull:censored2: pure and simple. If I can't make it down a driveway, then I see it. But at least be at the driveway to make the call. I'm 23 years safe driving at the company and 26 overall years of service. I still contend the integrity blade cuts BOTH ways. I'll thank you if you do not cast me as some new myopic drone.

john346

No more Brown!
Now "lie" on that...

In my experience, "Lie" only fits management when they are drilling you about why they cannot help you with a problem, used as a verb. "SIT" now there's another three letter word to attach to UPS management. Have another doughnut, pretend to be busy, and ALWAYS, ALWAYS cover your ass. Management, always with a slick answer, good job, you should go far. Sit on that, please do spin if you can muster the energy.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Snow drifted roads is an emergency condition. Missing an appointment is not an emergency condition. I see no integrity issue with using emergency conditions in snow or foggy conditions if this creates a delay or slow down of the normal delivery process. No matter what reason is given, they are still missed deliveries.

When the driver has been intentionally dispatched with a workload that would be impossible under normal conditions, it is fundemantally dishonest to screw the customer out of a refund for their missed package by using the "emergency conditions" cop-out just because there might be a little bit of snow. Failure to plan is not an emergency. Refusing to dispatch an adequate number of employees is not an emergency. Refusing to equip the package car with suitable tires or snow chains is not an emergency.

tieguy

Banned
John 346? I know I am always grateful when a saint takes time to come down from his mountain top to educate us all on how to achieve his vision of perfection.