INTEGRITY

fedupforsure

This is what the company once had, and now has none of. The loss of regular and fair pay raises. The (somewhat) consideration of their employees and their customers. The commitment to service because that was what got us to where we used to be. Now it is delayed raises, bogus hour breaks(I refuse to take an hr break ever again) that affect employees and service, horseshat bennies, services that can not be met so we will just change the time commits and not tell the customers, they will never figure it out. now lets do a hiring freeze even tho people are dropping like flies and accidents and injuries are through the roof and we are 13 people short, just do more in less time, right?
I have to talk myself into going to work every day. I hate what this company has become. A lot of people are refusing to do the SFA this year because it is total lip service and we have had enough.
To use the term integrity and fedex in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

HomeDelivery

it's been like that for a couple of years now... ever since they bought RPS & a few members warned that this was gonna happen... mainly to appease the stock market :money:(UPS is doing something similar, but not as perverse as Mr. Smith & his minions)
--------------------------------------------------------
as long as you know this is just a JOB & not a career, then you're golden.

hope you're in it as a "stepping stone" to something better since i still don't see the job market blossoming anytime soon.

others that are already near the end will either retire early, or just WAD until they see their "end date"

just don't put a target on your back, WAD, & CYA for any discrepancies along your planned day

if they really lax their requirements to be a PT courier for Express, i may just do a lateral move for the next few years:eek:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is what the company once had, and now has none of. The loss of regular and fair pay raises. The (somewhat) consideration of their employees and their customers. The commitment to service because that was what got us to where we used to be. Now it is delayed raises, bogus hour breaks(I refuse to take an hr break ever again) that affect employees and service, horseshat bennies, services that can not be met so we will just change the time commits and not tell the customers, they will never figure it out. now lets do a hiring freeze even tho people are dropping like flies and accidents and injuries are through the roof and we are 13 people short, just do more in less time, right?
I have to talk myself into going to work every day. I hate what this company has become. A lot of people are refusing to do the SFA this year because it is total lip service and we have had enough.

FedEx has zero integrity. Neither does our founder and Chairman. This shouldn't be much of a surprise given Mr. Smith's personal level of integrity.

Serf

The fact that a Fortune 500 company does not have a set raise scale system is pathetic. Do away with performance based raises in your review. Replace them with a 2% increase, even though inflation is closer to 4% annually. And don't bank on that 2% every March. If that isn't enough, Fedex determined that their Handlers were being paid fair market value and are not eligible for these raises. What kind of company only gives some of it's hourlies a raise?

Dex01

Banned
I sympathize with you, but FedEx was hardly the inventor of the benefit cut. Unfortunately, our economy is a house of cards that, which to a certain extent, is dependent on extracting wealth from the general populous to reach short term market goals. I have said it in other posts, there is no satiating the pinnacle, and ten years from now there really could be very little difference (benefits wise) between working for a global corporation and a mom and pop outfit. I'm not sure how this is sustainable. Anyways, happy Saturday! Guffaw guffaw guffaw.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I sympathize with you, but FedEx was hardly the inventor of the benefit cut. Unfortunately, our economy is a house of cards that, which to a certain extent, is dependent on extracting wealth from the general populous to reach short term market goals. I have said it in other posts, there is no satiating the pinnacle, and ten years from now there really could be very little difference (benefits wise) between working for a global corporation and a mom and pop outfit. I'm not sure how this is sustainable. Anyways, happy Saturday! Guffaw guffaw guffaw.

FedEx was the inventor of the benefits and pay slash/ burn /scorched earth policy. Long before anyone else was doing it FedEx had the RLA, which meant no union, and had already killed retirement, profit sharing etc. The market level and puny raise idea has also been going on since the 1980s. To pile the current ideology of cutting even more on top of what they have already taken is truly brazen.

And until Fred can figure out how to get imported low-wage Chinese, Indians and Mexicans behind the wheel of an Express van, those jobs have little to do with the global economy.

Dex01

Banned
FedEx was the inventor of the benefits and pay slash/ burn /scorched earth policy. Long before anyone else was doing it FedEx had the RLA, which meant no union, and had already killed retirement, profit sharing etc. The market level and puny raise idea has also been going on since the 1980s. To pile the current ideology of cutting even more on top of what they have already taken is truly brazen.

And until Fred can figure out how to get imported low-wage Chinese, Indians and Mexicans behind the wheel of an Express van, those jobs have little to do with the global economy.
We will have to agree to disagree on whether or not FedEx created the benefit cut, as it ultimately makes no difference anyways, but I will say this: Why would Fred need the Chinese, Indians, or Mexicans when he has Ground drivers? Ouch! Sick burn.

Serf

It's true. The Railway Labor Act prevents Express Drivers from unionizing. But says nothing about our pilots having an outstanding union. This Act was supposed to be changed in our dear leaders first term in the White House. But since politicians can be bought, it was squashed. Make no mistake about it, Mr. Smith would rather sell Express than have to see it unionized.

DontThrowPackages

The Union has always, in this country, meant fair pay to the employee and less profit for the company. So of course Republicans want to do away with unions. You can paint it any pretty color you like but the only ones who benefits from no union is the company and CEO. I heard rumors, years ago, of people at this company actively going out trying to get us unionized only to be fired for trumped up chargers. Why do you think that was? Elimination of Unions means less voice and less power for the working man. This is nothing new, I'm sorry to say.
Ever heard of the Baldwin-Felts Detectives? These were basically Killers hired by the railroad companies to bust unions. They would murder any man wanting to unionize or even just for wanting a be treated fairly by is employer. They were terrorist all for the sake of saving millionaires a few pennies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's true. The Railway Labor Act prevents Express Drivers from unionizing. But says nothing about our pilots having an outstanding union. This Act was supposed to be changed in our dear leaders first term in the White House. But since politicians can be bought, it was squashed. Make no mistake about it, Mr. Smith would rather sell Express than have to see it unionized.

Somehow, FedEx has thrived and survived with the best-compensated pilots n the business. Yes, Obama has been a wussy on labor, but unionizing FedEx wouldn't kill the company nor would Smith sell it. With higher wages, you attract smarter, harder-working people, and you also force upper management to actually do something other than invest in Ground infrastructure and pump-up the stock price. You have no idea how poorly managed Express is...even with all of the built-in advantages, the idiots on top cannot make it work. That says a lot.

FedEx has zero integrity. They don't care about employees and they don't care about customers. Take a look at Mr. Smith's life, the trail of dead bodies, and then tell me he's a man who has one effing ounce of integrity in his body.

Serf

Somehow, FedEx has thrived and survived with the best-compensated pilots n the business. Yes, Obama has been a wussy on labor, but unionizing FedEx wouldn't kill the company nor would Smith sell it. With higher wages, you attract smarter, harder-working people, and you also force upper management to actually do something other than invest in Ground infrastructure and pump-up the stock price. You have no idea how poorly managed Express is...even with all of the built-in advantages, the idiots on top cannot make it work. That says a lot.

FedEx has zero integrity. They don't care about employees and they don't care about customers. Take a look at Mr. Smith's life, the trail of dead bodies, and then tell me he's a man who has one effing ounce of integrity in his body.

I would be all for the Teamsters coming in. But I believe Fred has his foot on the throats of whoever has the power to bring them in. And yes I can absolutely see how management is piss poor.

dezguy

I would be all for the Teamsters coming in. But I believe Fred has his foot on the throats of whoever has the power to bring them in. And yes I can absolutely see how management is piss poor.

I'm sorry but here, Teamsters is an absolute joke. That union is notorious for being in the pocket of companies. That is one of the reasons we haven't been able to unionize up here. No one trusts Teamsters.

Serf

I'm sorry but here, Teamsters is an absolute joke. That union is notorious for being in the pocket of companies. That is one of the reasons we haven't been able to unionize up here. No one trusts Teamsters.

A friend of mine drives for them. He claims it's pretty straight forward. 90$ a month for union dues. 17.50 to 32 and change wage progression in 2 years. Of course they are raping the big companies. Who cares if they are mob clowns, he gets time and a half on Columbus Day!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The Teamsters are both inept and corrupt, factors that have endlessly been exploited fully by FedEx management. But they are the only game in town, so unless you like Fred up in your behind without lubrication, better get on the IBT bandwagon. The only problem with that is that they have zero interest in unionizing us because of the RLA Kryptonite that turns Mr. Hoffa into a fat, quivering bowl of Jell-O.

dezguy

The Teamsters are both inept and corrupt, factors that have endlessly been exploited fully by FedEx management. But they are the only game in town, so unless you like Fred up in your behind without lubrication, better get on the IBT bandwagon. The only problem with that is that they have zero interest in unionizing us because of the RLA Kryptonite that turns Mr. Hoffa into a fat, quivering bowl of Jell-O.

Are there not other unions down there? What about the UAW? Can they not represent FedEx because auto is in their name? Here, any union can represent any industry. The former CAW is now called Unifor and has managed to organize ministers of the United Church of Canada!