Intend to Discharge Letter given to me directly by the Outgoing Division Manager

Progressive attendance issue. I called out without any days availble due to the schools being closed for emergency storm conditions. My supervisor has about three guys on layoff who want to work and could very easily given me a layoff and let one of them work (which he did) but decided to give me a warning letter. Second offence, he schedule me to work earlier then usual on Monday. I informed the OMS that I could not make it that early and would have to be a few minutes late because I'm dropping off my kids at school. Eight minutes late... second warning letter issued.

I got back late that night after having a 12 hour day with a severly scratched cornea and noticed that he changed my start route again to a late start route but had noted in a place that I didn't see that I needed to come in early and unload the feeders. When I didn't show up he asked if I was quitting, I told him, "No I'm coming in at 9:50 my scheduled start time. He said that was not my start time that he wrote it on the board for me to be there at 7:40. I apologized for the misunderstanding and came in at 8:30. Third strike...

I told him that I could do my bid route and see the eye doctor on the way back and he agreed. He came out to meet me to ask if I was alright and I said I was but that I needed medical attention. I later went to the emergency room and was diagnosed with a severe tear in my cornea and given medicine and protective eye care. I returned to work today and recieved intend to discharge from my division manager in person.

I'm still in service, but I'm not sure for how long. Makes no sense to me. Perfect attendance for the last 12 years, more reports to work including six punches, then any other driver in my group by far for my entire career here at my building.

So the cliffs notes are, told OMS that I would be late Monday due to dropping off my kids, misunderstanding with scheduled start time the following day possibly caused by severe eye injury, and called in under county ordered emergency conditions without days available

P.S.

I'm a bid late start driver who is coming to help the preload in the morning due to lack of drivers and preloaders available to work.

Thoughts?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What does your supplement say about changing start times? Around here they can't just go changing your start time from day to day, and if there is a start time change it's their responsibility to make sure that you know about it.

What does your supplement say about changing start times? Around here they can't just go changing your start time from day to day, and if there is a start time change it's their responsibility to make sure that you know about it.

To be honest it's been a whirlwind and I haven't checked. However, previous sups would always be there until you pulled in and inform you in person of any changes to your start time and tell you which routes were available to choose. Current Sup writes it on a white board before he leaves everyday around noon. Moreover, in the past there was simply a note on the diad room door that stated a time for early start and a time for late start. When I was a swing driver I would just ask if I was early or late and go by the time. For the record, I'm the only driver in my building that will unload the feeders and then take a full nine hour day out consistantly when asked to do so.

rocket man

Progressive attendance issue. I called out without any days availble due to the schools being closed for emergency storm conditions. My supervisor has about three guys on layoff who want to work and could very easily given me a layoff and let one of them work (which he did) but decided to give me a warning letter. Second offence, he schedule me to work earlier then usual on Monday. I informed the OMS that I could not make it that early and would have to be a few minutes late because I'm dropping off my kids at school. Eight minutes late... second warning letter issued.
grieI got back late that night after having a 12 hour day with a severly scratched cornea and noticed that he changed my start route again to a late start route but had noted in a place that I didn't see that I needed to come in early and unload the feeders. When I didn't show up he asked if I was quitting, I told him, "No I'm coming in at 9:50 my scheduled start time. He said that was not my start time that he wrote it on the board for me to be there at 7:40. I apologized for the misunderstanding and came in at 8:30. Third strike...

I told him that I could do my bid route and see the eye doctor on the way back and he agreed. He came out to meet me to ask if I was alright and I said I was but that I needed medical attention. I later went to the emergency room and was diagnosed with a severe tear in my cornea and given medicine and protective eye care. I returned to work today and recieved intend to discharge from my division manager in person.

I'm still in service, but I'm not sure for how long. Makes no sense to me. Perfect attendance for the last 12 years, more reports to work including six punches, then any other driver in my group by far for my entire career here at my building.

So the cliffs notes are, told OMS that I would be late Monday due to dropping off my kids, misunderstanding with scheduled start time the following day possibly caused by severe eye injury, and called in under county ordered emergency conditions without days available

P.S.

I'm a bid late start driver who is coming to help the preload in the morning due to lack of drivers and preloaders available to work.grievance tommorow 9i dont agree with tis letter orf intent remedy i want it removed from file and i want to keep my job it will go away and just wait for the next one welcome to club if you dont do a grievance the we WONT see you any more you write one on anything you ever get and ALWAYS 10000000 PCT RTS OR INATIAL NEVER SIGN NOTHING EVER
EVEN IF YOU ARE OUT ON ROUTE THEY FOLLOW YOU AND THEY SAID YOU DID GOOD BUT OU 2 THINGS WRONG YOU BE NICE AND (RTS NO SHOP REP HERE EVERYTIMEThoughts?

rocket man

WRITE GRIEVANCE TOMMOROW YOU SHOULD DONE THAT I I DONT AGREE WITH THIS LETTER REMEDY I WANT THIS REMOVED FROM FILE AND KEEP MY JOB IT WILL GO AWAY. LETTER OF INTENT DO NOT SIGN INITAL AND RTS IF YOU are out on a route THEY FOLLOW YOU THEY SAY HEY YOU DID GOOD ON THIS YOU STILL DONT SIGN , PUT RTS AND NO SHOP REP HERE EVEN IF ITS ONE INFRACTION NEVER SIGN always RTS NO SHOP REP EVEN IF ITS A JOB WELL DONE LETTER , BEcause we do good every day so we should get one every day

Catatonic

Nine Lives
WRITE GRIEVANCE TOMMOROW YOU SHOULD DONE THAT I I DONT AGREE WITH THIS LETTER REMEDY I WANT THIS REMOVED FROM FILE AND KEEP MY JOB IT WILL GO AWAY. LEETER OF INTENT DO NOT SIGN IT INITAL AND RTS IF YOU ON ROAD THEY FOLLOW YOU THEY SAY HEY YOU DID GOOD ON THIS YOU STILL DONT SIGN RTS AND NOSHOP REP HERE EVEN IF ITS ONE INFRACTION NEVER SIGN NEVER RTS NO SHOP REP EVEN IF ITS A JOB WELL DONE LETTER , BEcause we do good every day so we should get one every day

CLASSIC! It is so good to see you posting again.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Take the deal and then grieve the suspension with back pay.

Not quite how deals are made Dave. If he takes the deal, he signs off on backpay and releases the company from liabilities.

He should take the deal, shut his mouth, do his job, and take his lumps and never do anything like this again. He has enough heat on him already. He needs to come back to work, and fade into the crowd by keeping his head down.

Deals cannot be re negotiated once they are made. A grievance would be an attempt to re negotiate terms and the company could then change its mind and put him back on the street.

In his specific case, he needs only to return, say thank you, learn his lesson and be quiet.

peace.

ikoi62

just a question...where was you union rep during all this? you said you talked him into a one day suspension..in my building all disciplinary action is done with a shop steward present. [FONT=arial, sans-serif]no rep no discipline! [/FONT]