Interesting Read sounds like 6 days a week for HD is coming soon

bbsam

Staff member
This will get expensive either beg your regular drivers to work 6 days which means 8-10 hrs ot or hire a revolving door of part timers that will cost you constant complainants of misdeliverers and code 02-03 from not knowing the routes. Also now will have find a mechanic willing to work on sundays the only day the trucks are down.
Not all routes will be going out all six days. I have routes that don't go out a sixth day during peak because they are 95% commercial. To be honest, the transition will bother my drivers more than it will me. I'm already over-staffed on Mondays. Could easily shift two to a Tuesday thru Saturday schedule.

bacha29

What is not changing is the fact that the future direction of that operation will continue to be decided in the courtroom and the boardroom including determining the market value of FXG routes. An important fact for those contractors whose ultimate goal is to sell sometime in the future and judging by the growing number of larger scale operations coming on to the market there would appear to be a growing willingness to take what the market will give them now rather than later.