Interesting study

klein

Für Meno :)
I watched a doc about that.
They took the magnetic pull away , by setting up counter magnets, and the cows didn't know which way to face, the whole heard was facing differently.
Of course, before that show, I just thought they want to come to Canada and live a happy life LOL

texan

UNH Cow Study On 'Wasteful' List

DURHAM, N.H. -- A University of New Hampshire project studying greenhouse gas emissions from dairy farms
has made a list of the top 100 most wasteful projects paid for by the stimulus package.The $700,000 study is No. 58 on the list released by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Oklahoma.

UNH Cow Study On 'Wasteful' List - New Hampshire News Story - WMUR New Hampshire

klein

Für Meno :)
UNH Cow Study On 'Wasteful' List

DURHAM, N.H. -- A University of New Hampshire project studying greenhouse gas emissions from dairy farms
has made a list of the top 100 most wasteful projects paid for by the stimulus package.The $700,000 study is No. 58 on the list released by Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Oklahoma.

Read more: UNH Cow Study On 'Wasteful' List - New Hampshire News Story - WMUR New Hampshire

Maybe not as bad as you may think. If they find out what's in those emissions, then they can find a way to use those, too. :

Making electricity from dairy cow manure

Oregon dairy farm employs use of an anaerobic digester to process cow manure, producing enough electricity to sell to local public utility.

So much energy is produced that there is enough to sell some to a local public utility. The dairy farm itself, which was founded in 1941, has been at the cutting edge in alternative energy sources as well as local food and vertical business integration. The farm is building solar panels and produces 80 percent of the hay for its dairy cows.
As the manure of cows is often the leading cause of pollution which dairies create, contaminating water and releasing high levels of methane gas, an anaerobic digester seems like the best alternative right now for abating these harmful impacts on the environment.

texan

Cow pieology 101 – The study of cow pies

Cow pieology is the study of cow pies, but it’s certainly not a science. It’s an art that beef cattle producers have practiced
for many years. Many beef producers observe cow pies to determine when to start supplemental feeding or when to rotate
the cattle to a different pasture. The shape, size, color and texture can tell a story about the cow’s diet quality.

Cow pieology 101 – The study of cow pies Cattle News - Editorial, Grain & Cattle Markets, Current Stories

texan

I had to look up necroposting. Yes I am a low intelligent conservative.
Perhaps that it is a zing at me. Perhaps I should follow TOS and be gone.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had to look up necroposting. Yes I am a low intelligent conservative.
Perhaps that it is a zing at me. Perhaps I should follow TOS and be gone.
It was just a small barb. LOL No, perhaps you shouldn't follow TOS. :hugs:I don't think you are anywhere near as bad as TOS can be. :its_all_good: