Interesting study

texan

You like to to type in Grape color. This is where grape milk comes from:
4091.jpg
4091.jpg

klein

Für Meno :)
Not true Texan - remember I lived in Germany ? Well, that's a photo or commercial for Milka ! I remember that well !

And now you also just reminded me how I miss those bells !
You go out into the country or farmland - and you hear those cow-bells everywhere !

klein

Stuttgart, and even worked for Mercedes Benz for a summer job . Probably best job I ever had. I should have stayed with that company, they even offered me that.

texan

Stuttgart, and even worked for Mercedes Benz for a summer job . Probably best job I ever had. I should have stayed with that company, they even offered me that.

I was in Heilbronn twice. Both times for about 3 years.
Another 3 I spent in Bad Krueznach.

klein

I worked in Heilbronn, too, just because it was part of my apprentenceship to work in every dairy they owned (Sudmilch).
Sudmilch Heilbronn supplied the US army.
We called it "Ami Milch" !
I tell you, the Americans made it difficult (regulations and all) to produce it. As for example, milk that was meant for German consumption, couldn't even flow thru the same pipelines as US milk ! Costed a fortune to build it all, almost like having 2 dairies in 1 plant.

klein

I worked in Heilbronn, too, just because it was part of my apprentenceship to work in every dairy they owned (Sudmilch).
I tell you, the Americans made it difficult (regulations and all) to produce it. As for example, milk that was meant for German consumption, couldn't even flow thru the same pipelines as US milk ! Costed a fortune to build it all, almost like having 2 dairies in 1 plant.

We all thought Americans regulators are nuts ! LIke what do they do if they leave thier base and drink "German milk" at Mac Donalds or somewhere else ?
Drink and eat with caution ?

klein

I was there, too ! Then visited East Berlin (actually before the soccer match).
Got into East Berlin using the subway, just one customs to go thru and had to exchange $25 DM into $20 East Marks (mandatory).

But getting out was nuts ! That was going thru 3 customs (inspections), making sure it's me on the passport, and that I'm not an East German trying to get out.

texan

We all thought Americans regulators are nuts ! LIke what do they do if they leave thier base and drink "German milk" at Mac Donalds or somewhere else ?
Drink and eat with caution ?

What can I say? I was motor maintenance, not food service.
Mcdonalds in Germany. You can order a Big Mac mit beer. Not here in the US one can do that.
I loved that Fries were served with mayonnaise, not catsup. They were good that way.
Pommes frites mit Mayonnaise. Memories.

klein

Would have been Dinkelacker served in Baden Wuertembergs Mac Donalds - yeah, always had my beer with a meal there, too ! Beer was cheaper at Mac Donalds too, then a Bar (Gasthaus) anyways, I believe.

images

texan

We (US Army) would always be on alert during the cold war.
So we were always moving in vehicles all over. Nothing beat a quick stop at a Schnell Imbus.
German bread was fresh, no preservatives. I am getting hungry sir.

texan

Would have been Dinkelacker served in Baden Wuertembergs Mac Donalds - yeah, always had my beer with a meal there, too ! Beer was cheaper at Mac Donalds too, then a Bar (Gasthaus) anyways, I believe.

images

I remember that well. Americans think the German beer they but now is real German beer.
But when they export it here, it is not the same as in country.

klein

We (US Army) would always be on alert during the cold war.
So we were always moving in vehicles all over. Nothing beat a quick stop at a Schnell Imbus.
German bread was fresh, no preservatives. I am getting hungry sir.

Ever had curry wurst or Schaslik ? Surely you must remember "Rote Wurst" ?
And those fresh bretzels with butter ?