Interesting UPS contract happenings

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by thedownhillEXPRESS, Jun 25, 2013.

1. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

I know most of you don't cross over and read the UPS discussions much.
    Now while it appears the "Master" contract is going to pass, the locals have shot down 17 supplemental agreements(apparently a large number).
    UPS freight also defeated their agreement by a large margin.
    Not saying there is a likelihood of a strike, but it does seem like the longer this goes unsettled the more chaotic it is getting with the Union.
    Things could get very interesting around here.
    Stay tuned.
  2. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

More uncertainty for Fedex sales to exploit.
  3. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Agreed. Shame though that FedEx has reached the level that it can't be sold on its own merits and it takes the threat of a UPS strike to gain business. (Business that is sure to be temporary. Once the contract is resolved, they will go right back to Big Brown.)
  4. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Really? I considered it more a trend to cheaper albeit slower services than "we can't sell our product". Ground took market share last year; Express didn't.
  5. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

What happened after the last strike? I don't recall everyone going right back to "Big Brown".
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It took us quite a while to get the majority of the volume that we had lost due to the strike.
  7. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but that's every year.
  8. You can have walmart site-to-store back. They told us today to "prepare for peak numbers in July due to the possibility of a UPS strike" verbatim. The joys of being salaried!