Interline discount airfare???

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Actually, it was FEDX that decided that we couldn't fly on Southwest anymore cause of that one idiot and his kids. Then, X decided to give it back to us.

5yearsleft

Type in "global travel", if you're eligible, it should show up. I use this benefit a lot. It must depend on the market you're in. I live in a Sun Country market, and it's worked great.$120 roundtrip to Mexico, $60 roundtrip to Seattle. Do your homework & research your flights & it will work. We save $700 to $1000 each trip we make. Which is a good thing, cuz I don't make as much as most of my co-workers!!! (Not that I'm bitter or anything!)

CJinx

You might check corporate perks (fedex.corporateperks.com) as well. In addition to discounted tickets, I've gotten free car rentals and hotel rooms out of that website.

riskybzns

Type in "global travel", if you're eligible, it should show up.

I've read where you're suppose to put in travelnet in the keyword search field on the homepage. When I do that it actually has me login using my LDAP and takes me to the travel page. I do what the attached pic says, but when I go to the learning center it doesn't find anything.

test (1).jpg

riskybzns

You might check corporate perks (fedex corporateperks com) as well. In addition to discounted tickets, I've gotten free car rentals and hotel rooms out of that website.

Please tell me how you got the free car rentals out of this. I do a lot of traveling from Kansas City to Milwaukee and that would be awesome.
Thanks!!!

Btw, how the heck do you get away with being able to post links? Am I not able too because I'm a new member?

SmithBarney

... our HR told us that SupplyChain employees don't get any discounted fares, but I don't know why we wouldn't since we are FedEx and a part of FedEx Express.

Well if HR said no, then probably not.
FedEx is Parent to Supply Chain, and Express Divisions
Division the root word is Divide.
SupplyChain is not part of Express... we might have the same parent
but consider us step children. RED HEADED STEP CHILDREN.

Much like welfare, the company reaps the reward of extra children, but they really don't
love us.

Solwire

UPS employees are eligible for Interline travel services. I'm a member, just need to fax a copy of your recent pay stub for proof of employment. Go to the web site and type "nonrev" as password

Sent using BrownCafe App

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I thought about using it to go to Vegas next month since I'm going by myself. The way it sounds I guess it would be better to just use my miles

I haven't had any issues flying interline with Southwest. Round trip would be less than $100 unless they've changed prices in the last year.

Look at the SWA website at flights and fares. The cheaper fares tend to have more seats, but also bear in mind what another poster said about earlier flights. You don't want to try for a later flight, get bumped, and then not be able to get on another flight that day.

If you're leaving from Vegas on a Sunday, buy a regular ticket or use your miles. Those flights tend to be packed.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Or use Southwest. That's still a good deal as long as you don't get bumped. Make sure to take the first flight of the day, as that's the best chance of not getting bumped.

If you do get bumped it also leaves you with more flight options as opposed to having your heart set on a PM flight. There aren't many options left when you book a late flight and get bumped.