Interline discount travel test

FedexCares

As someone who just used interline in the past 6 months, I would strongly recommend you don't. I'm not sure if you have ever flown standby before, but the Airlines group standby passengers into three different categories. Flying interline you'll be in the third group which means there will be 5 to 10 people ahead of you on standby on every flight. If you get bumped and have to go to the next flight you will be back at the end of the line. Needless to say the only time I've ever spent the night at an airport was flying through interline. You won't even save much money either my ticket came to almost $250.

If you do still decide to fly through interline there are a few tips I can give that I learned the hard way. Try to be traveling on Saturdays only. There are a lot less business travelers on Saturday so you have the best shot of actually getting on the flight. Book the earliest flight in the morning possible so if you do get bumped there are lots of other flight still going out that day that you can possibly make. Finally make sure you are doing a direct flight. Connecting flights just raise the odds that much higher that you will be bumped and screw up your vacation.

If I was you I would just save yourself the headache and buy a normal ticket.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
As someone who just used interline in the past 6 months, I would strongly recommend you don't. I'm not sure if you have ever flown standby before, but the Airlines group standby passengers into three different categories. Flying interline you'll be in the third group which means there will be 5 to 10 people ahead of you on standby on every flight. If you get bumped and have to go to the next flight you will be back at the end of the line. Needless to say the only time I've ever spent the night at an airport was flying through interline. You won't even save much money either my ticket came to almost $250.

If you do still decide to fly through interline there are a few tips I can give that I learned the hard way. Try to be traveling on Saturdays only. There are a lot less business travelers on Saturday so you have the best shot of actually getting on the flight. Book the earliest flight in the morning possible so if you do get bumped there are lots of other flight still going out that day that you can possibly make. Finally make sure you are doing a direct flight. Connecting flights just raise the odds that much higher that you will be bumped and screw up your vacation.

If I was you I would just save yourself the headache and buy a normal ticket.
I haven't flown standby in a while. Is there even a test?

FedexCares

There is a "test "to use interline but it's mainly just them telling you to conduct yourself in a professional manner and basically not to go off on the airline employees when you get bumped from flights. It's just something you have to sign off on before you can schedule any dates.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There is a "test "to use interline but it's mainly just them telling you to conduct yourself in a professional manner and basically not to go off on the airline employees when you get bumped from flights. It's just something you have to sign off on before you can schedule any dates.
Ok. That I remember.

FedGT

Probably to keep the Ground drivers away. You know they couldn't pass a test

Haha, yeah........ It's kind of hard to look down on someone from your pedestal when they do the same job.

Got all ya'll rocket scientist fellers over on that there express side drivin' a truck.

FedGT

They do the same job.

Just because you get paid more doesn't mean you are any higher on the food chain when Wall Street, CEOs, doctors, lawyers, etc all look at you the same as ups, usps, express, ground, or ontrac.

Just is interesting to me, the levels of segregation this one spawning towards intellect. I can promise you know one here that is a driver was recruited by the company because of their IQ or Ivy League education

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They do the same job.

Just because you get paid more doesn't mean you are any higher on the food chain when Wall Street, CEOs, doctors, lawyers, etc all look at you the same as ups, usps, express, ground, or ontrac.

Just is interesting to me, the levels of segregation this one spawning towards intellect. I can promise you know one here that is a driver was "chosen" because of their IQ or Ivy League education
Clarity is not your strong suit, eh?

SmithBarney

The only real perk of we have with Flying is using the Airline Employee TSA security line.. saves alot of time especially with 4 kids....

Star B

White Lightening
Could you please elaborate on this? I was unaware of this "perk." It could be a game changer when running late
If you are a badged employee of the airport in question, some will allow you to use your airports employee TSA line. I tried at an airport that wasn't mine once and I got blasted by the TSA for not going thru the regular line.

Domestically, interline and ZED tkts are not typically a deal, but going internationally they can be. I haven't been here the 6 months to be able to get onto myIDtravel yet.

SmithBarney

Could you please elaborate on this? I was unaware of this "perk." It could be a game changer when running late

There is an "airline" employee TSA line at most airports. I am not stationed at an airport so I do not possess a SIDA? badge. I usually ask the TSA agent nicely if I can use this line.. they usually have nobody in that line and I've never had a problem...

I also try to use my ID for discounts for food at the airport...but they are much more strict about that, go figure.