International election results! GO HOFFA!

menotyou

bella amicizia
As you stated in another post, this DOES NOT constitute a blow out for Hoffa. How many ballots were returned? How many? That is the bigger statement. No one cares enough to vote. THAT is what Hoffa should be concerned with if he truly cared about the membership. But, once again, he proves all he cares about is winning. Hey, Charlie!! We found you a new drinking buddy!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As you stated in another post, this DOES NOT constitute a blow out for Hoffa. How many ballots were returned? How many? That is the bigger statement. No one cares enough to vote. THAT is what Hoffa should be concerned with if he truly cared about the membership. But, once again, he proves all he cares about is winning. Hey, Charlie!! We found you a new drinking buddy!!

Meant, the numbers tell the story. As of this morning 715am pst, Hoffa has a 9500 vote lead on Pope and in central states, gegare has pulled ahead of Sandy Pope by a few hundred votes.

The story is simple. Both Messages by Pope and Gegare have fallen flat on the rank and file as they split the desention vote and FAILURE to gain or to take away votes from HOFFA. The votes recieved so far by Pope and Gegare are trending less than the averages that Tom L pulled in previous elections.

Its not about winning, its about informing. All the trash talk on this board about Pope and how she was going to beat Hoffa was for nothing. So far, she is in third and no matter how well she does in the east, Gegare will take away all the votes she would have needed to be competitive.

Hoffa has been close to averaging 3 to 1 and the central states is trending similiar to the south.

At a 3 to 1 ratio, this would qualify as a blowout.

Turnout isnt as good as some "bragged" about in earlier threads. This is the real problem with our membership. It always is.

Stay tuned, as of now, HOFFA: 14639 / Gegare: 6071 / Pope: 5194

Peace.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Actually if you do the current math, Sandy and Fred if combined would be a little ahead of Hoffa on total count. Right now we are through local 400 in Ohio through the central region. Lets not forget that the 2 biggest locals in the Central 705 and 710 have not been counted and could esily swing the count to one of these canidates.

No sense fighting over it, the ballots are in! Nothing we do or say now will change the outcome at this point. We need to move forward as a Union in solidarity and take the fight back to the companies and big business that are waging wars on us the American working men and women.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Actually if you do the current math, Sandy and Fred if combined would be a little ahead of Hoffa on total count. Right now we are through local 400 in Ohio through the central region. Lets not forget that the 2 biggest locals in the Central 705 and 710 have not been counted and could esily swing the count to one of these canidates.

No sense fighting over it, the ballots are in! Nothing we do or say now will change the outcome at this point. We need to move forward as a Union in solidarity and take the fight back to the companies and big business that are waging wars on us the American working men and women.

Currently (253Pm pst) Hoffa controls 49.5% of the vote. The other two are splitting the remaining vote with the edge going to Fred.

In my prediction, I gave too much credit to Sandy Pope in saying she would get 39% of the vote. Currently, shes only managed to get 19% of the vote while Fred is holding at 30% of the vote.

This tells you clearly, that in two regions, the TDU message has been rejected. Freds message has seemed to resonate with some voters who wanted change and its Popes involvement that is preventing a victory for Fred.

Indeed, if Popes votes went to Fred, he could be in a good position to win the election with two regions remaining. Instead, Pope will take key votes away from Fred.

At the end of the day however, Sandy in third doesnt bode well for TDU and its efforts.

For Hoffa, he has to look to the future and make some changes in leadership in order to pull the rank and file back into his corner with a clear majority. Hoffa will have to organize all the locals to enforce the UPS language equally and fairly. In the upcoming UPS contract, he MUST include the most qualified to negotiate on the Teamsters behalf and protect our part timers and full timers.

As for now, the outcome is predictable. The votes are going Hoffas way.

Peace

John19841

Currently (253Pm pst)

This tells you clearly, that in two regions, the TDU message blah blah blah

Peace

This message has been rejected, that message has been rejected. How many people (besides who frequent this site) even heard any of these 'messages' that got rejected? I know where I am, most didn't even know there was an election. Besides the Teamster magazine propaganda and a few random mailings, I didn't hear anything about ANY candidate.

I think the bigger thing here, and my 'message' to you is this: A pathetic, really pathetic amount of members voted in this election....But for those that did, over half REJECTED your 'Brother HOFFA'. Pope and Gegare may not have done enough to sway the vote to either one, But even so, Over half the people voted AGAINST Hoffa.
Think about that for a bit....There's your message

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you don't vote, you cain't bitch, that's all I have to say.

One of the most vocal drivers in my center about how things need to change, didn't bother casting a vote. I found his ballot crumpled up on one of the shelves of the truck.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This message has been rejected, that message has been rejected. How many people (besides who frequent this site) even heard any of these 'messages' that got rejected? I know where I am, most didn't even know there was an election. Besides the Teamster magazine propaganda and a few random mailings, I didn't hear anything about ANY candidate.

I think the bigger thing here, and my 'message' to you is this: A pathetic, really pathetic amount of members voted in this election....But for those that did, over half REJECTED your 'Brother HOFFA'. Pope and Gegare may not have done enough to sway the vote to either one, But even so, Over half the people voted AGAINST Hoffa.

Again, another FAILED message.

As of tonight, Hoffa will hold 53% of the vote. Just as I predicted. Your idea that over 50% voted against Hoffa just aint true.. BUT what else is new from TDU... POPE was a failure. Kudos to Fred for an impressive showing.

Thats the message that Hoffa needs to hear. Without TDU in the mix and Fred might have had a chance to win.

You call the turnout "pathetic", yet, its the same as always. Before this election, the TDU crowd was talking about record participation, and some of us were talking in reality. So far, the return numbers are in line with historical averages.

TDU needs to hear the bigger message: "GET A NEW PLATFORM". Its crystal clear that TDU has had a nothing impact on this election. For all the trash talking you TDU guys were doing before this election, now youve been reduced to crickets chirping.

Sandy Pope was no Ron Carey. That ship sailed along time ago.

Congrats to Brother Hoffa for his impressive re-election.

Peace.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
In my county, the voter turn out was 49.7% for the last election, so I don't think it is just this election. But Golden Corral gave out free dinners to Vets (which I am not criticizing, they deserve more than a free meal once a year, but that is another subject) but the line was 100 deep all day. Just sayn

hypocrisy

Banned

Actually, the message you and your bretheren are broadcasting is: "I can't be bothered to actually make any effort to become informed about my Union, it's electoral processes and the candidates. I will only react if someone comes to my door and spoon feeds me information while simultaneously holding my hand and wiping my butt."

Simply pathetic.

hypocrisy

Banned
Besides showing TDU is impotent, this election is also showing what little influence this website had regardless of how the unscientific polls went. Of course, this was also demonstrated by the APWA debacle.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Before this election, the TDU crowd was talking about record participation, Its crystal clear that TDU has had a nothing impact on this election.

Not only on this board, but every board on the planet.

The Chicago people were talking the most smack.... Especially freight....

Just look at the vote totals. They got crushed.

Where are the 804 people now ? :peaceful:

-Bug-

brown bomber

brown bomber
the "droids", have been endoctrinated........ergo Hoffa wins.............it's kinda like liberals, once you drink the kool-aide...you are incapable of making YOUR OWN mind up.........if the status-quo seems OK, so be it .........glad I'm retired

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The really sad part is they mail the ballot to your house with a prepaid return envelope. You check the candidate you want, stick the ballot in the envelope, and throw it in your mailbox. It might take one or two minutes of actual effort. Hopefully, you spend a little time to find out who the candidates are and what they have done in the past. And we have a low per cent of members who are willing to do something so simple. That is why the IBT has such sorry leadership and has lost so much power. I saw no campaigning at all by any of the candidate at my Hub like in the past. With the money advantage that Hoffa had, I'm not surprised at all at by the results.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And we have a low per cent of members who are willing to do something so simple. That is why the IBT has such sorry leadership and has lost so much power.

Just the opposite scratch. If it anyone has lost power and is a sorry excuse....

It's the membership.... for not getting involved.

Don't you realize the company reads the vote totals and acts accordingly ?

-Bug-

frank75

The really sad part is they mail the ballot to your house with a prepaid return envelope. You check the candidate you want, stick the ballot in the envelope, and throw it in your mailbox. It might take one or two minutes of actual effort. Hopefully, you spend a little time to find out who the candidates are and what they have done in the past. And we have a low per cent of members who are willing to do something so simple. That is why the IBT has such sorry leadership and has lost so much power. I saw no campaigning at all by any of the candidate at my Hub like in the past. With the money advantage that Hoffa had, I'm not surprised at all at by the results.
Really, no campaigning? I thought Hoffa/Hall went to Atlanta, must have missed you. The IBT has sorry leadership because of the sorry membership who don't get involved in a process that damn near is spoon fed to them. Anybody that spends any time on BrownCafe has plenty of time to educate themselves and vote. I wonder how many did?

1timepu

as long as there was 3 candidates Hoffa would win, just as if there are 3 candidates in the 2012 election Obama wins.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
the "droids", have been endoctrinated........ergo Hoffa wins.............it's kinda like liberals, once you drink the kool-aide...you are incapable of making YOUR OWN mind up.........if the status-quo seems OK, so be it .........glad I'm retired

Were glad as well. Old timers should be remembered and not heard.

Peace.