Interview for a driver helper tomorrow. Questions!

BlakeD

I'm 19 and i signed up online to be a seasonal driver helper. This will be my first job and i really have no clue what to expect. Will there be allot of verbal questions? Or will it be a hired on the spot type deal? Will they be asking for a drug test? Any info would be GREAT Also any Tips from drivers with past helpers would be great too!

S

serenity now

listen to your driver * move quickly * must buckle seat belt * stay off your cell phone - no calls, no texts * every time you must cross the street to deliver, look, and make sure traffic is clear from both directions * every time * take some water with you to start the day * good luck

iruhnman630

Don't take this the wrong way but driver helpers are often affectionately referred to as 'drivers bitches'

If you are in a cold part of the country, your job is to carry packages and freeze for a few hours a day the next 6 weeks of your life.

If you are in a warm climate, have fun with it and make a few bucks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Your driver is not your enemy----they for the most part are a bunch of great guys who will try their damnest to make your day go as smooth as possible. If all of a sudden your driver insists on delivering a certain stop by himself pay him no mind (there will be a good looking gal there that he likes to flirt with). Don't show up the first day wearing low cut tennis shoes if there is 2 feet of snow on the ground (happened to me with 2 different helpers). Expect to WORK like you have never worked before (you pick one hell of a first job). Good luck.