Interview for a driver helper tomorrow. Questions!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BlakeD, Nov 11, 2012.

1. BlakeD

BlakeD New Member

I'm 19 and i signed up online to be a seasonal driver helper. This will be my first job and i really have no clue what to expect. Will there be allot of verbal questions? Or will it be a hired on the spot type deal? Will they be asking for a drug test? Any info would be GREAT Also any Tips from drivers with past helpers would be great too!

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Show up on time at the meet point dressed and ready to work.

Work as directed.

3. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Quit while there is still hope for your soul.

4. serenity now

serenity now Guest

listen to your driver * move quickly * must buckle seat belt * stay off your cell phone - no calls, no texts * every time you must cross the street to deliver, look, and make sure traffic is clear from both directions * every time * take some water with you to start the day * good luck

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Cross behind the package car.

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Had you clicked on page 2, you would have found the exact same topic.

8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I was going to merge it but you beat me to it, just as good! Thanks Barnyard!!

9. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Don't take this the wrong way but driver helpers are often affectionately referred to as 'drivers bitches'

If you are in a cold part of the country, your job is to carry packages and freeze for a few hours a day the next 6 weeks of your life.

If you are in a warm climate, have fun with it and make a few bucks.

10. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

No drug test

11. rod

rod retired and happy

Your driver is not your enemy----they for the most part are a bunch of great guys who will try their damnest to make your day go as smooth as possible. If all of a sudden your driver insists on delivering a certain stop by himself pay him no mind (there will be a good looking gal there that he likes to flirt with). Don't show up the first day wearing low cut tennis shoes if there is 2 feet of snow on the ground (happened to me with 2 different helpers). Expect to WORK like you have never worked before (you pick one hell of a first job). Good luck.