Interview for Driver Helper

oldngray

nowhere special
Before the internet? (which didn't exist when I was a kid either...lol)....tell me more, Uncle Ted...did they have television waaaay back in the olden days? :)
1950s-tv.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Before the internet??? (which didn't exist when I was a kid either...lol)....tell me more, Uncle Ted...did they have television waaaay back in the olden days? :)

Why, yes my dear, we did. Black and white, maybe 3 channels, and I was the designated remote control until my sister and brother were old enough to change channels.

'Twas a harsher world then.;)

hellyeahseahawks

Plus the female drivers,will tell you. The brown's do not,do wonders to enhance your figure!

That is completely fine with me. I like trades, I like hardworking people. I want this. Looks like it wont happen this time, but maybe some time in the future. Hmm, guess I'll check out that Electricians Apprenticeship after all.

Thanks for the replies y'all! :grouphug:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I'm surprised some of you even work at UPS. A lot of you are rude and I highly doubt you'd still be employed if your bosses knew. Don't understand what is so hard about answering someone's question. Did any of you even read my post? I said I'm not good at forums and this is the bull:censored2: I get from you. Rude, sarcastic people. What a shame. Lighten up a little bit.

Congratulations. You are the first driver helper of the season to tell us old farts how bad we are and how great UPS is. But guess what Skippy, after January I will still have a job.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What was your starting pay when you first started? How did you go about getting a job like that?

Really?

I applied. I was given a road test the same day. I went out with a supervisor the next day to start to learn a route.

Many years later, you became your parents' little bundle of joy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why, yes my dear, we did. Black and white, maybe 3 channels, and I was the designated remote control until my sister and brother were old enough to change channels.

'Twas a harsher world then.;)
Wait, hold on....you mean you had to GET UP to change the channel?? lol ;)

hellyeahseahawks

Really?

I applied. I was given a road test the same day. I went out with a supervisor the next day to start to learn a route.

Many years later, you became your parents' little bundle of joy.

Good for you, these days, I have to know someone to get in anywhere. Many places hire family members or someone they know.

To your "bundle of joy" remark, I'm actually a huge disappointment. I get reminded of it everyday. :devil3:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of my female co-workers told me. I will never get "lucky" In this uniform. My :censored2: looks like mashed potatoes and my boob's looked like,they went home.

ive had,no reply.
What can ya say to that? Lol. No female drivers in my center, so I have no point of reference. No offense to your co-worker, but if your ass looks like mashed potatoes....that ain't really the uniform's fault. That's kind of like a fat person blaming their forks for their weight problem...lol.

hellyeahseahawks

One of my female co-workers told me. I will never get "lucky" In this uniform. My :censored2: looks like mashed potatoes and my boob's looked like,they went home.

ive had,no reply.

The UPS drivers who live on the same road have "got lucky". They're sisters. One is married with children and the other is a lesbian so I don't know about that. Doesn't matter to me though, I like the uniforms and have been pretty good at keeping the opposite sex away for 23 years and counting. I'm content with it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That is completely fine with me. I like trades, I like hardworking people. I want this. Looks like it wont happen this time, but maybe some time in the future. Hmm, guess I'll check out that Electricians Apprenticeship after all.

Thanks for the replies y'all! :grouphug:

You have a chance at being an apprentice electrician and you would rather be a helper at UPS???

Go play with electricity, make money and retire earlier.

Good for you, these days, I have to know someone to get in anywhere. Many places hire family members or someone they know.

To your "bundle of joy" remark, I'm actually a huge disappointment. I get reminded of it everyday. :devil3:

Sorry about that.

hellyeahseahawks

You have a chance at being an apprentice electrician and you would rather be a helper at UPS???

Go play with electricity, make money and retire earlier.

Sorry about that.

No worries. Part of the reason I applied is because the person I like is a driver. I thought "what the hell? I got nothing to lose"