interview question.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by optikz, Sep 13, 2016.

1. optikz

optikz Member

just curious if during the interview, I was told I was being interviewed for a full time driving position. they said it was for a permanent position. that means it wouldn't be seasonal correct?
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

3. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Alot of times HR makes mistakes and they dont really care anyway the company will just assume you misunderstood since your a new hire
  4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Peak will be fun for you.
  5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Can you please add the tag : "haha"
  6. NXA

NXA Active Member

Document the conversation where you were tild "full-time permanent " who you spoke to, date and appx time. If there was a 'net ad, get a screenshot. If they try to change your classification to seasonal or temporary, say, no I was interviewed for full time permanent. And let them kniw you documented the convo.

The $$ difference, long term, is worth the confrontation now.
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They'd just tell him he didn't qualify. Not that hard
  8. optikz

optikz Member

the 2 people they hired off the street quit. so from my understanding, they are looking to fill those spots. i emailed the HR rep back to ask and they said it was permanent full time and not seasonal. my name was brought to them by a bunch of guys I know that work there.
  9. Brownslave688

Not how it works. If an off the street quits they have to hire 6 more from inside before they hire another off the street.
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Does this still apply if they quit before completing their 30?

I would agree with you if they got their seniority and then quit but if they quit while in their packet I think that counts as a non hire and they get to go back off the street to fill the open slots.
  11. optikz

optikz Member

from the people I've talked to, they have been really lenient with them and actually extended their probation but I think they ended up quitting because they weren't capable of doing the job.
  12. Brownslave688

I'm pretty sure the company counts drivers that don't make towards the 6 but I'm not sure.

Hasn't been a problem here. No one wants to drive. Hired 10 off the street two summers ago. I think 4-5 at the most are still around.
  13. None of our inside people want to drive.

I think they fear a drug test. Lol
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

A guy quit on day 30 here because he hit a mailbox and thought they would drug test him
  15. Doesn't surprise me
  16. optikz

optikz Member

any reason they quit or people don't want to drive?
  17. Brownslave688

Multitude of things. Fired for stealing a few quit dwi problems ect
  18. Some people don't like the 10 or 11 hour shifts
  19. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My son, who started driving this Spring, says the job is easy and he loves the job. It is management that makes the job more difficult and harder then it needs to be.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. NXA

NXA Active Member

That language is written in the email? Don't delete it!

At least in our building, there are occasional mistakes (aka shenanigans) about job classification. Usually (always) to the effect od paying the employee less. But the guys I know who have pushed back have won.