interview question.

optikz

hello.

just curious if during the interview, I was told I was being interviewed for a full time driving position. they said it was for a permanent position. that means it wouldn't be seasonal correct?

Dr.Brownz

hello.

just curious if during the interview, I was told I was being interviewed for a full time driving position. they said it was for a permanent position. that means it wouldn't be seasonal correct?

Alot of times HR makes mistakes and they dont really care anyway the company will just assume you misunderstood since your a new hire

NXA

Document the conversation where you were tild "full-time permanent " who you spoke to, date and appx time. If there was a 'net ad, get a screenshot. If they try to change your classification to seasonal or temporary, say, no I was interviewed for full time permanent. And let them kniw you documented the convo.

The $$ difference, long term, is worth the confrontation now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Document the conversation where you were tild "full-time permanent " who you spoke to, date and appx time. If there was a 'net ad, get a screenshot. If they try to change your classification to seasonal or temporary, say, no I was interviewed for full time permanent. And let them kniw you documented the convo.

The $$ difference, long term, is worth the confrontation now.
They'd just tell him he didn't qualify. Not that hard

optikz

the 2 people they hired off the street quit. so from my understanding, they are looking to fill those spots. i emailed the HR rep back to ask and they said it was permanent full time and not seasonal. my name was brought to them by a bunch of guys I know that work there.

Brownslave688

the 2 people they hired off the street quit. so from my understanding, they are looking to fill those spots. i emailed the HR rep back to ask and they said it was permanent full time and not seasonal. my name was brought to them by a bunch of guys I know that work there.
Not how it works. If an off the street quits they have to hire 6 more from inside before they hire another off the street.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not how it works. If an off the street quits they have to hire 6 more from inside before they hire another off the street.

Does this still apply if they quit before completing their 30?

I would agree with you if they got their seniority and then quit but if they quit while in their packet I think that counts as a non hire and they get to go back off the street to fill the open slots.

optikz

I would agree with you if they got their seniority and then quit but if they quit while in their packet I think that counts as a non hire and they get to go back off the street to fill the open slots.
from the people I've talked to, they have been really lenient with them and actually extended their probation but I think they ended up quitting because they weren't capable of doing the job.

Brownslave688

I'm pretty sure the company counts drivers that don't make towards the 6 but I'm not sure.

Hasn't been a problem here. No one wants to drive. Hired 10 off the street two summers ago. I think 4-5 at the most are still around.

optikz

I'm pretty sure the company counts drivers that don't make towards the 6 but I'm not sure.

Hasn't been a problem here. No one wants to drive. Hired 10 off the street two summers ago. I think 4-5 at the most are still around.
any reason they quit or people don't want to drive?

NXA

That language is written in the email? Don't delete it!

At least in our building, there are occasional mistakes (aka shenanigans) about job classification. Usually (always) to the effect od paying the employee less. But the guys I know who have pushed back have won.