Interviewed - Background Check

TRG86

Hi there everybody! First off, my name is Ryan...potential new UPS employee.

I have a quick question regarding the background check. I interviewed this morning at 10:30, 11/19/2015 and it went very well. I applied/interviewed for two positions; package handler and driver helper (a.k.a "jumper"). The interviewer put in for my background check while I was sitting there and said that he will give me a call as soon as the report comes back from First Advantage. I have a felony "Dealing In Stolen Property" charge from 2008, which turned 7 years old yesterday (11/18/2015). I disclosed it on the application with full honesty and also explained what led to the charge, which was all over $32.00 (thirty-two dollars). I know they treat it on a case by case basis and I have even read numerous stories of people getting hired with grand theft felony records that are only a few years old.

What do you guys think? Do you think it will come back as ineligible?

Thanks!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I have a quick question regarding the background check. I interviewed this morning at 10:30, 11/19/2015 and it went very well. I applied/interviewed for two positions; package handler and driver helper (a.k.a "jumper"). The interviewer put in for my background check while I was sitting there and said that he will give me a call as soon as the report comes back from First Advantage. I have a felony "Dealing In Stolen Property" charge from 2008, which turned 7 years old yesterday (11/18/2015). I disclosed it on the application with full honesty and also explained what led to the charge, which was all over $32.00 (thirty-two dollars). I know they treat it on a case by case basis and I have even read numerous stories of people getting hired with grand theft felony records that are only a few years old.

Thanks!
Sounds like you'll fit in better as management here. Good luck.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Thanks!
A felony over $32?
Hmmmm

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Thanks!
You have a felony arrest or conviction for stolen property? If it's a conviction....does it really matter whether it was over $32 or 30k? That's kinda like saying....well I killed her but I only stabbed her two times.

Johney

So you have a conviction for dealing in stolen property and you expect UPS to give you a job in which you will be surrounded by a treasure trove of stuff to steal?
That's a good one.

Mst3k

Ups will hire convicted sex offenders but not thieves... Unless our high standards have changed recently.

Good luck though, it's a cool job for the most part.

MendozaJ

How can one get a felony conviction over a $32 buck item? Was your lawyer Curly Howard?

He didn't steal it, but he helped get rid of it. Think of all the nefarious ways a criminal could obtain a $32 item, and then think of the person that assists said criminal in profiting from that crime.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Thanks!
So what'd ya steal ?