Into 2011 - Happy New Year

curiousbrain

I've only been here a little while, but thought I'd wish everyone a happy New Year(s) anyway. Wage slave, supervisor, or whatever your calling may be, we all love logistics ... right?

Hehe .. Whatever the case may be, life is hopefully good in that most of you have a job through the new year; many out there do not. We can all be thankful for one thing, and maybe do a little bit to help out those who are not so fortunate.

Hopefully 2011 is just a little better then 2010 for all of us as a whole.

Cheers folks; I'm going to play some old-school Punch-Out!

moreluck

golden ticket member
2011 Contract.....

After serious & cautious consideration... your contract

of friendship has been renewed for the New Year 2011.

It was a very hard decision to make... So try not to screw it up!!!

My Wish for You in 2011

May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.

May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!

May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy

May the problems you had, forget your home address!

In simple words ............

May 2011 be the best year of your life!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Stewie's patron saint and namesake is the carpenter. Also Stewie's father and soon to be grandson's middle name.
Feastday: March 19, May 1
Patron of the Universal Church

Everything we know about the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus comes from Scripture and that has seemed too little for those who made up legends about him.
We know he was a carpenter, a working man, for the skeptical Nazarenes ask about Jesus, "Is this not the carpenter's son?" (Matthew 13:55). He wasn't rich for when he took Jesus to the Temple to be circumcised and Mary to be purified he offered the sacrifice of two turtledoves or a pair of pigeons, allowed only for those who could not afford a lamb (Luke 2:24).
Despite his humble work and means, Joseph came from a royal lineage. Luke and Matthew disagree some about the details of Joseph's genealogy but they both mark his descent from David, the greatest king of Israel (Matthew 1:1-16 and Luke 3:23-38). Indeed the angel who first tells Joseph about Jesus greets him as "son of David," a royal title used also for Jesus.

PS Did you ever have St Joseph's Cakes ? Yummy