Invite

bbsam

Staff member
If he's doubling over, it's because he's cramping up. I see drivers with 20 years driving running their asses off. Those time studies are TIGHT.

vantexan

If he's doubling over, it's because he's cramping up. I see drivers with 20 years driving running their asses off. Those time studies are TIGHT.

I was performing as well as guys half my age right up until I got the stent in my artery. And, if FedEx is reading this, great pay makes a great motivator.

purplesky

Thats why UPS drivers get paid $32hr. Thats why UPS makes billions in profits. Its a win win.

I bet FDX ground drivers would run their asses off also if they made a living wage working for FDX ground. But you wont see many FDX GROUND drivers with 20 years of service anyway with no reason to stay.

bbsam

Staff member
Thats why UPS drivers get paid $32hr. Thats why UPS makes billions in profits. Its a win win.

I bet FDX ground drivers would run their asses off also if they made a living wage working for FDX ground. But you wont see many FDX GROUND drivers with 20 years of service anyway with no reason to stay.

I'm quite ok with that setup.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yes, they could handle all of that. It would be rough going, with ISPs scrambling to hire more drivers and purchase more vehicles... It might even get a few contracts renegotiated. The capital city of my state used to only have 1 Ground driver delivering the entire city; today, it takes several. More freight = more drivers and trucks.

Yeah......I'm sure it's that easy and you'd really get some quality drivers especially on short notice.

Try posting an ad on the message board at the local jail.

MAKAVELI

I'm fairly impressed with the wit that has shown up on the Ground side lately. At least they aren't a bunch of whiny overpaid crybabies without the nads to stand up for themselves.

If I had :censored2:bag Express or UPS people in my work area, I would certainly park different. Luckily I don't have that issue. The newer UPS guy knows it, he bows to me. As well he better.
Dude you need a fuc kin reality check bro! You are the :censored2:bag for even making that statement.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
100% convinced this Code 82 character is a 15 year-old troll. Absolutely has to be. Fantasizes that UPS guys bow to his emminency and recently started a "neener neener, no Express allowed in our clubhouse" thread.

bbsam, is this the sort of 'wit' you say you're impressed to see showing up from Ground lately? Perhaps place a 't' in front of the word and I'm in agreement. Man, I had you figured different I guess. Anyway, I'm glad you claim him.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah......I'm sure it's that easy and you'd really get some quality drivers especially on short notice.

actually a group of Ground management called "contractor resources" has been compiling such a list of applicants since before Christmas. The cover story was always the possible UPS strike, but could just as well be a shifting of freight between opcos.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
actually a group of Ground management called "contractor resources" has been compiling such a list of applicants since before Christmas. The cover story was always the possible UPS strike, but could just as well be a shifting of freight between opcos.

Christmas was here and gone and the list is old.

Many of those applicants have most likely moved on to greener pastures.

STFXG

Ahh so THAT'S what contractor resources does...

Goldilocks

I'm afraid you have been sold a bill of goods. You are an hourly employee, no more, no less. What you fail to realize is that you have no ability to make FedEx customers "happy", your boss made them happy by hiring you and and allowing or ordering you to do so. If you didn't, you'd be replaced by someone who could. I'm sure you saw this happen in your long career, I know I have, and I'm in a union.

FedEx paid you well early on to keep the union out during their formative stages. The threat of unionization is getting less and less and that is why FedEx hourly employees make less and less. Certainly not because management has lost sight of some perceived nobility of the FedEx Driver. You are what you are because your boss made you that way and she/he wants you that way and now they got you right by the short hairs. I hope you got all those promises in writing about taking care of you, but then, that would have to take the form of something like a union contract.

I read this over and it sounds like I'm demeaning you, and that is not my intent. There are certainly many hourly employees who do more chest thumping and bragging than they should. If you work by the hour, or a set rate, and you do more than the next guy you're not acomplishing anything except enriching the boss. Take heart in the fact that you are not the first or will you be the last to be duped by a major corporation.

Your right, and I will take it for what it is. Punch in, make my 25 bucks an hour and punch out. No more no less.

The Senior employees on this board know exactly what I'm talking about.

HomeDelivery

Christmas was here and gone and the list is old.

Many of those applicants have most likely moved on to greener pastures.

they called some temp drivers back in March to keep them active in the system around my area... some HD drivers are still working PT to improve their methods

one Ground terminal can't keep drivers in their terminal because some routes are not managed that well; and one hourly temp driver had driver-released an ASR parcel (how can that be unless he forged the sig? for a wine box & left it in plain sight???) so he's gone...

​2 openings at express PT courier, but that's not greener pastures anymore; more of a lateral move w/ more headaches from management

STFXG

It makes sense. My terminal has never had temp drivers. And before peak they started recruiting temps... But none were hired. Seemed odd at the time.