Invite

MaineGroundDriver

In my area the pimple face teenager at the in and out makes about the same.

Well not where I live .. where I live, there aren't many jobs where I could make the paycheck I get working my Ground truck .. plus I happen to like the job, the route, etc ..

All I'm saying is I'll gladly continue to be taken advantage of .. for now

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
100% convinced this Code 82 character is a 15 year-old troll. Absolutely has to be. Fantasizes that UPS guys bow to his emminency and recently started a "neener neener, no Express allowed in our clubhouse" thread.

bbsam, is this the sort of 'wit' you say you're impressed to see showing up from Ground lately? Perhaps place a 't' in front of the word and I'm in agreement. Man, I had you figured different I guess. Anyway, I'm glad you claim him.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Only a few years later..beat up..pre busted leg...
New owner...
ANOTHER PEAK

I actually found some wisdom here in this thread.

bumped

Every day is a crap shoot my friend. Tuesday was 304 pkgs on 95 stops. I have done 300 pkgs on 60 stops. My boss said yesterday I did 46000 pkgs outbound in 2012
i forget the stop count. I have maxed at 180 stops in a retail setting, I have had lower where I call for rescue. But I do our "Fashion Row" and it's nonstop hallways in stripmalls with Hallmark and Bridal Dresses, and 2 huge corporate parks full of computers, toner and the likes.

I'm still trying to figure out the Fashion Row in Milwaukee comment. Fashion in Milwaukee is a dirty white wife beater with holes in it.

l22

Any Ground haters wondering what I do every day? Pony up to Milwaukee and ride with me on one of your day offs. I will pay your day's wage to ride and observe. You can call out my bad driving, and tattoo stops. Limit one, first guy in, is in with firm plans. No BS. I walk the walk people.

It's not that I'm a "hater." The Ground couriers on my route are some of the nicest people I've met. I understand that every Fedex Ground courier/handler is trying to make money just like I am. It's more so that Ground creates a way for the frontline employee to get screwed in a variety of ways, even more so than we are. You may walk the walk and be an extremely hard worker who's fast, but that doesn't mean Ground won't forget about you when you get injured going above and beyond for them. They'll just find someone else to do the work and forget about you, and that's messed up. Be safe out there and take your time.

MAKAVELI

It's not that I'm a "hater." The Ground couriers on my route are some of the nicest people I've met. I understand that every Fedex Ground courier/handler is trying to make money just like I am. It's more so that Ground creates a way for the frontline employee to get screwed in a variety of ways, even more so than we are. You may walk the walk and be an extremely hard worker who's fast, but that doesn't mean Ground won't forget about you when you get injured going above and beyond for them. They'll just find someone else to do the work and forget about you, and that's messed up. Be safe out there and take your time.
Only a few years later..beat up..pre busted leg...
New owner...
ANOTHER PEAK

I actually found some wisdom here in this thread.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Every day is a crap shoot my friend. Tuesday was 304 pkgs on 95 stops. I have done 300 pkgs on 60 stops. My boss said yesterday I did 46000 pkgs outbound in 2012
i forget the stop count. I have maxed at 180 stops in a retail setting, I have had lower where I call for rescue. But I do our "Fashion Row" and it's nonstop hallways in stripmalls with Hallmark and Bridal Dresses, and 2 huge corporate parks full of computers, toner and the likes.
Well, I'm gonna brag on the UPS driver on my route! He had a route that routinely took out over 300 stops a day. His record day was during peak season with a runner. They took out almost 500 stops, reloaded an additional 300 from a trailer, THEN assisted a neighboring route with another 300 stops. 15 hour day, just for :censored2:s and giggles! My hats off to Brown.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well, I'm gonna brag on the UPS driver on my route! He had a route that routinely took out over 300 stops a day. His record day was during peak season with a runner. They took out almost 500 stops, reloaded an additional 300 from a trailer, THEN assisted a neighboring route with another 300 stops. 15 hour day, just for :censored2:s and giggles! My hats off to Brown.

friend* That!!!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Why was this
WSKdtFQ_d.jpg

I had a 15 hour day, but I fudge the start time to be just at 14 hours...
DSC_0029.JPG
165 mile day, raining, so it was a slow one with dealing with weather bags

Now, I can't go in until my 10 hour reset ~ 0845 unless I go in early and work off the clock to set up my boxes in order on the floor ~ready to brick out my rental van

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It took you 15 hours to deliver 135 packages? That works out to 6.667 minutes per package. Were you gift wrapping each and every package before delicately placing them by the front door?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Eh this rural route is rural. That's not all on road hours. I was delayed during preload to cram all but 13 oversized boxes in my teenie weenie van....

actually on road time was 9 hours and I normally speed on some roads, but due to heavy t storms that took some trees down, I had to detour a few of my stops to make service.

That single send again is a DSR, not in 1 to u brownie... I can't forge the customer's signature like the typical ground drivers, eh?

Today's a dry sunny day, so my bald tires won't be hydroplaning, yay!

Preload/tetris time is about 2 hours normally since I shoehorn the boxes and into the passenger seat as well in OrioN modified order