iPhone 4S

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We could work in the same building!! We have heard the same thing over and over.

My Center actually sent a couple of drivers home yesterday after dispatching this 53 year old man with 161 stops, more than anybody else in my Center. Just a typical day around here.

And by the way, I turned in a Sales Lead Tuesday and the potential customer still hadn't been called by Friday morning. Some things never change.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I had one customer actually flag me down on a side street looking for his phone. That is one advantage of EDD/PAS (provided the loader did their job). I went through EDD and saw that he did have a pkg. He got his ID out while I got the package, name and address matched, he signed and was happy to have his new toy.

Did any of you have customers print out the electronic release?

All 3 of my customers had printed out the release from Apple.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had about 30 of them. Delivered the last one at 8:05 last night. It was a long day but they did have preload wrapped on time and they did put a bunch of extra routes in, so at least some effort was made to handle the volume.

I recently got the iPhone 4, which is my first ever smart phone. I still havent figured out most of what it can do and I doubt that I will ever use even a fraction of its full potential.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I got rid of all mine, every single delivery the person was either home or had someone waiting there just to sign for it. Half of them came running out to the truck as soon as I pulled up like kids at xmas. Easiest stops I had.
When I was walking out of the building last night there was a line around the block at the customer counter.

curiousbrain

My Center actually sent a couple of drivers home yesterday after dispatching this 53 year old man with 161 stops, more than anybody else in my Center. Just a typical day around here.

And by the way, I turned in a Sales Lead Tuesday and the potential customer still hadn't been called by Friday morning. Some things never change.

161 is the most in your center? Relative to the building I work in, that is a little light; average stops around here is about 190, pushing 200.

And that sucks about the sales lead hehe.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
161 is the most in your center? Relative to the building I work in, that is a little light; average stops around here is about 190, pushing 200.

And that sucks about the sales lead hehe.

My area is not a tightly condensed city area, its basically subdivisions with one acre or more sized lots. Ten miles one way trip time and 80-90 miles on area. 128 stops and 100 miles works out to exactly eight hours of work. So I had two hours of overtime.

curiousbrain

My area is not a tightly condensed city area, its basically subdivisions with one acre or more sized lots. Ten miles one way trip time and 80-90 miles on area. 128 stops and 100 miles works out to exactly eight hours of work. So I had two hours of overtime.

I understand. My gut reaction of "stops" is relative to the area I help service - a tight urban area. I can understand the discrepancy.

My fault, sir.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Depends on whether you have the stones and supplemental language to supersede the weak national language.
In my case I have both and will be clocked out at 17:15.

I clocked out at 1650!! I had an 8 as well!!

We had 500 extra stops, all NDA. I had none.

rocket man

where and how do you get done so early? i had off but we had drivers 845 punch out one 820 on 8 hr request oops he went over and all cell phones had to go to high value room if no delivered

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
where and how do you get done so early? i had off but we had drivers 845 punch out one 820 on 8 hr request oops he went over and all cell phones had to go to high value room if no delivered

I am in the central. It's a simple thing. I tell them at 11am I will need help, remind them at 1pm I will need help, then at 3 when I start pickups I tell them how many will be missed after I come back to the center. Then I follow thru, by bringing the stops back to the center and letting somone else worry about them.

After a few times of this, my dispatch has bee adjusted and my last 2 pickups are covered when I have an 8hr day.

brownedout

Covered Clerks position last week and the second clerk was out also on Fri. What a disaster! Had to lock 4 people out of customer counter at 7 on the dot and explain to them will calls are at another location on the property after this time. Had to quickly train OMS, On Car and a fellow driver how to handle the SDWC process. From 6:30 to 8:30 we average around 15-20 people picking up packages. Friday we had over 50. Yay!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had about 40 phones. NDA and savers. Relaxed commit. Sig required on ALL if at all possible per mgt. We were directed to ODS all send agains. We were told that we got additional volume because Fedex flat told shippers that they could not handle the volume. All 3 of mine were delivered and signed for before 12. :happy-very: We were also told that the office would be telling everyone that called in, there will be no meeting driver on rte. Customers had to be at home, no indirects.

AKCoverMan

We were also told that the office would be telling everyone that called in, there will be no meeting driver on rte. Customers had to be at home, no indirects.

We were told no indirect at PCM. Then got DIAD message midday that we could indirect with a signature. I got lucky only had three got rid of all of them by noon. Still had an eleven hour plus day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am in the central. It's a simple thing. I tell them at 11am I will need help, remind them at 1pm I will need help, then at 3 when I start pickups I tell them how many will be missed after I come back to the center. Then I follow thru, by bringing the stops back to the center and letting somone else worry about them.

After a few times of this, my dispatch has bee adjusted and my last 2 pickups are covered when I have an 8hr day.

Its like teaching a dog to stop pissing on your carpet. Sometimes you just have to rub their nose in it a few times before they learn.

2Slow

Awesome! Pricey, but pretty amazing! I had a 3GS, the 4s is a heck of an upgrade to an already spectacular product.

Still getting a feel for the Siri thing, but it seems pretty slick.