iphone 6 releasing tomorrow - PCM

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not a big deal-----you either get an autograph or, if you are lucky, the consignee has downloaded and filled out the release form. Match the 1Z on the package with the one on the form and DR as requested. Bring any send agains to your center manager's office.

Indecisi0n

NOOB.png

tre305

any other centers have one or more uniformed officers standing around during the preload the last two days in anticipation for this? either my center has a leg up on something about to go down or we're really going to get that many iphones tomorrow.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its like this every time a new iphone comes out. Its just a freakin' phone! But always extra security and BS to deal with.

JL 0513

We handle tons of packages worth far more than the iPhone's retail ($600-$800). Yet, not nearly the attention to their security compares to the iPhone. It's not like there's even markings on the boxes. So it's unlikely a passerby would even steal the thing off a doorstep. Even laptops and phones from other brands are able to be DR,d. Get clearly marked Dell laptops all the time that don't require sigs. Worth more than an iPhone.

aiian

any other centers have one or more uniformed officers standing around during the preload the last two days in anticipation for this? either my center has a leg up on something about to go down or we're really going to get that many iphones tomorrow.

One cop yesterday, two today.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We handle tons of packages worth far more than the iPhone's retail ($600-$800). Yet, not nearly the attention to their security compares to the iPhone. It's not like there's even markings on the boxes. So it's unlikely a passerby would even steal the thing off a doorstep. Even laptops and phones from other brands are able to be DR,d. Get clearly marked Dell laptops all the time that don't require sigs. Worth more than an iPhone.
it's not the value... It's the most stolen item by inside thieves. IPod/iphone

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
it's not the value... It's the most stolen item by inside thieves. IPod/iphone

Yep, object of opportunity.

And, JL, once upon a time, any package from Dell had to be signed for.

Returntosender

Tomorrow those who get the phone might, Youtube unboxing Iphone 6 videos. Think after my shift I just might wait outside the gate and video the 50 Pacakage cars leaving the facility. Put it on Youtube "Iphone 6 out for delivery". If you customers aren't home for delivery? You have to wait till Monday if you want to pick up at the facility.

I wonder if neighborhoods thieves will be looking for UPS trucks with packages left at doorsteps? Some one will be a on video stealing what they think is a Iphone 6 package.

Last edited:

barnyard

KTM rider
Green light of death message tomorrow will be, "Can you go back to xxxx Whatever St??? Customer says you did not knock."

Answer: "No. The customer is lying, I do not go back to liars."

bumped

In the not so nice part of town, everyday is cell phone day.

We didn't have cops, but UPS security has been by the metal detectors the last few days.

bumped

I'll get the one or two houses that will get 10-20 iphones for delivery tomorrow. Like that won't raise any suspicion.