iPhone Browncafe App

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I've been waiting for apple to approve it, it was just released on itunes yesterday. App Store - BrownCafe

The android app has been available since Julyish. There's a major mobile style upgrade coming in the next couple of days too. Vbulletin released it yesterday, but I want to wait a couple of days before installing it here so that they can track down and squash any major bugs before we start using it here.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thanks for the info. I think I'm so use to the full site style of all the websites. I always scroll and switch if I can.

over9five

Staff member
Ok, I tried the android app again and this is why I hate it:

When you view the forums, there is no way to see if there's new posts in any forum. When you enter a forum, you can then see if there's new posts in a thread.

Then when you enter a thread with new posts, it goes to the first post in the thread. You can THEN jump to the first unread post.

BC mobile is way better.

old levi's

blank space
Ok, I tried the android app again and this is why I hate it:

When you view the forums, there is no way to see if there's new posts in any forum. When you enter a forum, you can then see if there's new posts in a thread.

Then when you enter a thread with new posts, it goes to the first post in the thread. You can THEN jump to the first unread post.

BC mobile is way better.
If you had a :censored2: phone like me , you wouldn't have all these worries!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok first post on the IPhone app not crazy about it so far but I'll give it a chance. To tell you the truth I don't understand these apps sometimes the whole point of the iPhone or any smart phone for me is the web works just as if you were on a computer.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I recently acquired an iphone 4 . Its my first smart phone, and its waaay smarter than me. I wish it had training wheels. I will get my wife (who is the computer and iphone guru) to help me install it on my phone and hold my hand while I try to figure it out. She is also the one who keeps me from throwing the damn thing through a window whenever I cant make it work.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
iphone app no workie for me.:sad-little:

It says my user name or password is invalid. I made sure I was logged off of the site on my laptop, but it still said invalid. And, after 5 attempts, I got locked out of BrownCafe for 15 minutes. It was horrible, I felt like a hungry child peering in through the window and watching a family eat dinner. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

Do I need to create a seperate user name for my iphone app?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
iphone app no workie for me.:sad-little:

It says my user name or password is invalid. I made sure I was logged off of the site on my laptop, but it still said invalid. And, after 5 attempts, I got locked out of BrownCafe for 15 minutes. It was horrible, I felt like a hungry child peering in through the window and watching a family eat dinner. It was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

Do I need to create a seperate user name for my iphone app?
I wish I had some quick tips for using the iphone app, but my cell phone is ancient and doesn't do internet. My only app experience is borrowing tony's phone to test the android app. To log in I used my usual username and password. Tony occasionally uses the app, he said he uses his regular username and password to log in too.

Hoaxster is test driving the iphone app, hopefully he'll have some better advice for you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I recently acquired an iphone 4 . Its my first smart phone, and its waaay smarter than me. I wish it had training wheels. I will get my wife (who is the computer and iphone guru) to help me install it on my phone and hold my hand while I try to figure it out. She is also the one who keeps me from throwing the damn thing through a window whenever I cant make it work.

Stay with it and you will be amazed at what it can do.
I've been reading your posts long enough to know that you are easily smart enough to figure out an Iphone.
After all, even anonymous has mastered his iphone.:bag: