Iphone dying in the cold...

Savvy412

I put my phone in the cupholder to listen to sirus radio and want not. Now that it is getting cold, My phone goes from 80 percent, quickly to 30 and then 0.

My old pc had the heat set up so I could place things like my diad or phone to warm it up, but the new ones just have fans on a angle that blow out.

But even forget the putting my phone in the cup holder..anybody have any hacks for your phone not dying so quickly?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's going to happen to any battery due to the cold. You lose efficiency as the temperature drops. Only thing you can do is buy a battery pack or try to keep it warm somehow.

Staying away from flames would be recommended

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Factory installed. Heat can do it too.
All batteries have a lifespan. If that life span happens when it's 100 out it happen. However the cold will shorten that lifespan.

Lots of times when a battery dies in January it would of still been good for 4-5 months in warm weather.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I put my phone in the cupholder to listen to sirus radio and want not. Now that it is getting cold, My phone goes from 80 percent, quickly to 30 and then 0.

My old pc had the heat set up so I could place things like my diad or phone to warm it up, but the new ones just have fans on a angle that blow out.

But even forget the putting my phone in the cup holder..anybody have any hacks for your phone not dying so quickly?

What model and how old?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sometimes mine and my wife's got slightly warm and lose battery life quite quickly. We had these problems on the 5s and our 6+ several times. It happened about twice a week up until an update that I can't recall and it was fixed. The main source of our battery drain now is open apps, particularly the iPhone map app. Try restarting your phone when you notice the drain.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Sometimes mine and my wife's got slightly warm and lose battery life quite quickly. We had these problems on the 5s and our 6+ several times. It happened about twice a week up until an update that I can't recall and it was fixed. The main source of our battery drain now is open apps, particularly the iPhone map app. Try restarting your phone when you notice the drain.

This^

Some 5's had batteries replaced by Apple. That recall is done, however.

And by a restart, Jack is referring to a hard reset. Hold the home and power buttons down until the apple comes back on.

JL 0513

Must be an older iPhone.

Batteries die in the cold. Just a fact.

Notice car batteries always die in the cold....

And there's many with an interest in an all electric car future. Yay.