Iran

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Let me ask you this over, why can't these guys see the world as it is and history the way it actually happened?
The "way it actually happened" was that negotiations between the USA and the USSR succeeded in preventing an all-out war that may very well have escalated to the use of nuclear weapons. Which is also the goal we should have with Iran.

soberups

The Berlin Blockade ended after a long period because Stalin gave up trying to starve the Berlin people into giving up because of the US led BERLIN AIRLIFT.

That doesn't sound like a negotiation to me.

And the Soviets gave up on the Cuban Missile base because of the blockade the US put together.

What military pressure have we put on Iran?

Nothing. Not a damned thing

Number of US, British, French and Israeli nuclear warheads that could potentially be deployed against Iran: approximately 2500.

Number of Iranian nuclear warheads that could potentially be deployed against the USA, UK, France or Israel: None.

One should always seek to negotiate from a position of strength. I'd say we have just a wee bit of an advantage over Iran in the nuclear department, wouldn't you?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Number of US, British, French and Israeli nuclear warheads that could potentially be deployed against Iran: approximately 2500.

Number of Iranian nuclear warheads that could potentially be deployed against the USA, UK, France or Israel: None.

One should always seek to negotiate from a position of strength. I'd say we have just a wee bit of an advantage over Iran in the nuclear department, wouldn't you?
Do the Iranians think the US, UK, or France will ever offensively use those weapons.

Then they are not worried about it.

soberups

............. AFTER a naval blockade by the United States that showed the Russians we meant business.........
We currently have an economic blockade against Iran that is crippling them. Combined with the Saudis dumping cheap oil on the world market that hits not only Iran but their ally Russia, and conditions are ideal for a negotiated settlement. Our 2500-to-nothing advantage in nuclear warheads is simply an extra ace in the hole.

soberups

Do the Iranians think the US, UK, or France will ever offensively use those weapons.

Then they are not worried about it.
They know we would retaliate with overwhelming force to any sort of nuclear attack.

They also know that if push comes to shove the Israelis will nuke them first.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Cuban Missile was resolved when the US removed missiles from Turkey .
Which started the Russians with putting missiles in Cuba in the first place .

realbrown1

They know we would retaliate with overwhelming force to any sort of nuclear attack.

You don't see to know about or care about this idea of theirs called the SUICIDE BOMBER.

Imagine the leaders of Iran committed to that idea.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Seriously, there's not going to be any nuclear attacks even if Iran did develop a nuclear weapon. All this apocalyptic talk is just meant to frighten people and wind them up. If Iran wants a nuke its for the same reason that Israel does, they want a trump card for protection. Iran wants the sanctions lifted so that they can participate in the global economy and prosper from their natural resources and launching a nuclear attack is completely counter to that goal.

realbrown1

Bombing civilians is what breeds martyrs.
Jewish civilians.

Really.

You act like you never have heard the leaders of Iran say over and over that they want to wipe Israel off the map.

Maybe politics and world affairs are above your limited intelligence.

I mean if you don't know in 2015 that Iran has claimed they will wipe Israel off the map, then you haven't been paying attention.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Jewish civilians.

Really.

You act like you never have heard the leaders of Iran say over and over that they want to wipe Israel off the map.

I mean if you don't know in 2015 that Iran has claimed they will wipe Israel off the map, then you haven't been paying attention.
Do you speak Persian? You might want to check the translation of that "wipe Israel off the map" quote.

BrownArmy

Jewish civilians.

Really.

I'm not quite sure if you're trolling, or if you really believe the stuff you post.

Because the stuff you post is unbelievable.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not quite sure if you're trolling, or if you really believe the stuff you post.

Because the stuff you post is unbelievable.
Remember that this guy is a birther. He actually believes that the president's birth certificate is a fake because he saw a youtube video about it. All his posts should be evaluated with that in mind.