IRS

BigBrownSanta

The BigBrownSanta Savings and Loan Bank will gladly help you keep your money by playing IRS for you if you'd like. Just let me know. :)

BTW, this offer is open to ALL UPSer's. ;)

Seriously though, I am amazed at the number of people who would rather get a big tax refund every year rather than have the cash weekly to invest or spend as they choose.

I guess in the end, that's what this country's all about...

freedom of choice.

helenofcalifornia

Next year, I am losing my last kid deduction and will have no major deductions other than a mortgage. Any ideas on financial planning for me? I am divorced so I am on my own and don't rely on anyone but myself to pay the bills (which is hella hard in California). I am dreading paying the IRS next year instead of the refund. Any suggestions?

Next year, I am losing my last kid deduction and will have no major deductions other than a mortgage. Any ideas on financial planning for me? I am divorced so I am on my own and don't rely on anyone but myself to pay the bills (which is hella hard in California). I am dreading paying the IRS next year instead of the refund. Any suggestions?
Change you W-2 to S-0, then have an extra 15-20 bucks per week taken out. At first you miss the money taken out but you learn to adjust. Plus it shouldn't be all that hard to get an extra hour overtime to cover this.