is air shuttle required to work Saturdays?

shellB

I am a air shuttle driver Mon- Fri and have been working Saturdays. I want out of Saturdays cause I got different job on weekend that didn't take me away from family. But supervisor says I have to work Saturdays. It all or nothing was what he said. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Am I required to work 6 days a week? And if so do I make any overtime? I haven't in the 3 months I have been doing it, so am curious.

Overpaid Union Thug

I am a air shuttle driver Mon- Fri and have been working Saturdays. I want out of Saturdays cause I got different job on weekend that didn't take me away from family. But supervisor says I have to work Saturdays. It all or nothing was what he said. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Am I required to work 6 days a week? And if so do I make any overtime? I haven't in the 3 months I have been doing it, so am curious.
Did you ever sign a bid sheet for Saturday Air?

shellB

no bid sheet I signed was for mon-Friday air I believe. I started working Saturdays while still doing preload and continued after I started air shuttle. But Saturday wad just a verbal conversation with supervisor asking if I was willing to work Saturdays.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
If you signed a bid for Mon-Fri, then that is all you have to work. Your manager can suck a fat one. Your first mistake was asking him, you should have TOLD him you weren't going to work Saturdays anymore.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Here, when the PT air shuttle driver wanted out of a six day workweek; he was assigned Tues-Sat, someone else covers the Monday run. Other than that, all PT air drivers are M-friend, with Saturdays optional.
There is another barn in my Local's jurisdiction where the PM PT air drivers are on a "any 5 in 7" schedule. They all work Saturday, with a weekday off.
I suggest you review Article 40 in the contract & have a chat with your steward and/or BA. Your job may get re-bid.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Here, when the PT air shuttle driver wanted out of a six day workweek; he was assigned Tues-Sat, someone else covers the Monday run. Other than that, all PT air drivers are M-friend, with Saturdays optional.
There is another barn in my Local's jurisdiction where the PM PT air drivers are on a "any 5 in 7" schedule. They all work Saturday, with a weekday off.
I suggest you review Article 40 in the contract & have a chat with your steward and/or BA. Your job may get re-bid.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Art. 40 (k) paragraph 1 employer may force qualified part time employees in reverse seniority order. In my building this is not normally enforced as most PTers would disqualify themselves from air driving and go back to the sort.