Is America's Longest Running War About To Come To An End?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, May 31, 2012.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Is It The Beginning of the End for the War on Pot?

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

It's all going to come down to the fact that we desperately need the jail space !!

3. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Just curious More, the US has 5% of the world's population and yet leads the world with 25% of the total number of incarcerations. At present we incarcerate over 700 people per 100k population, followed by the evil criminal Russia at 600 per 100k and then China who is still communist and we're told oppressive incarcerates about 150 per 100k population. Your favorite bad boy Iran is half our rate and North Korea who imprisons a high degree of political prisoners is still below us.

Seems ironic that the nation that claims the mantle of liberty and freedom for the world would lead the world in prison population but let me ask you this. You said we need the prison space, who would you be thinking of to imprison in their place?

4. klein

klein Für Meno :)

I say it's all going to come down to the money.
    And California will lead the way, since they so disperatly need those extra taxes and revenue.

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

it must be cold down below cause I agree with Klein it comes down to much needed tax revenue.

6. moreluck

The prisons are extremely overcrowded......so if there are no prisoners for pot.....then the jails will just be adequate for the remaining bad guys. No replacements necessary........just a spread out at arms length for those left.

Jails are for people who break laws. Change the laws if you think people shouldn't go to jail.

Whatever law you all decide on....I'm obeying it because I don't want to go to jail.

7. When it's about money the rules can change or bend quickly- more prisoners more money...

8. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Based on so many of your past comments, you don't come off appearing to be concerned about prison overcrowding so I never considered that within your remarks in post #2.

9. moreluck

I love the Arpaio way with the pink underwear...........it's OK to humiliate the adults.....since it seems OK for teachers to humilate 8 yr. olds and nobody thinks it's a problem.

50 Cents a day for meals? Works for me. Arpaio methods should be adopted across the country. If you hate pr ison enough you might not want to comeback.

As far as crowding.....if you get rid of all the pot offenders....things maybe could spread out and they wouldn't be up each other's butts.....oh, wait.........we're gonna need lots of soap-on-a-rope!!

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Won't help the overcrowding much most of them are in for stealing to get money to pay for the drugs. Those drugs will probably cost more now that you will have taxes and everything added on.

11. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

12. TechGrrl

TechGrrl Space Cadet

There you go again, foisting that liberal-biased reality data on the rest of us!!!! How DARE you inject fact-based reality into the conversation?!?!?! Next thing you know, you'll be expecting us to base policy on like, FACTS!
    :fantasysmiley: