IS and IBM Consulting Deal

L

Leonidshower

Too much speed, AA, eh?

I always love it when people say something like you did ... "I beleive in the open-door policy and I've used it many times".

I suppose you have been force fed the POLICY BOOK. So, you know there is no open-door policy mentioned anywhere in it. What we have is an open door PHILOSOPHY. So, Socrates, what do you think that means?

I believe in the open door policy and the Easter bunny and Santa Claus and little green men that come out of flying brown spaceships.

N

Not A Hoax

Alwaysaware,

Since you think it is a hoax. Pass me by on Monday and I will be wearing a blue shirt.
Then email me privately to validate your findings. This is not a hoax.

Not a Hoax

N

Not A Hoax

You can also respond back privately as I have not turned off my email.

Not a hoax

rups

I haven't looked at this thread in days and AlwaysAware is right - that this thread was not intended to be a bashing exercise or an initials of people who left UPS typing contest.

The direction that this thread has gone is an indication of the culture that most of us will face tomorrow when we show up at our respective office - a culture that is misguided and focused on the wrong areas so it doesn't surprise me that this thread has gone off-topic as well.

We expect success in new technology and we let this new technology get stuck in committees or emails. We claim to work hard but our benchmark is what our own colleagues are doing wrong instead of what our competitors are doing right. We talk about vision and yet, no one I work with really seems to know what the vision is.

Maybe some of us should skip the newspaper at lunch and dust off those Legacy books we never look at. A Talk with Joe might be a good place to start...

"In the world of business, favorable opportunities are where you find them. The prizes go to those who are ready."

I guess my question is - If this IBM consulting deal is true, was it because we weren't ready?

P

Paul Chou

I guess my question is - If this IBM consulting deal is true, was it because we weren't ready?

Somebody used the term BIG BOSSES before. That's hysterical unless you are talking girth.

Say you are one of the Big Bosses, and, you report to a Bigger Boss (Springstein, perhaps). You are scared that your Motley Crue of miscreants may not be capable of doing a good job on this exceedingly important project. If the Motley Crue fails, you are on the hook and that can lead to ugliness. So, as a Frightened Big Boss, you engage the services of IBM. You can't lose. Money for IBM is a no brainer. Someone very familiar to UPS is on IBM's Board of Directors. (I forget his name. Abby something, I think.) Now if IBM fails, your safe. HECK, that's IBM. If they can't do it, who can? IBM, IBM, he's our man. If he can't do it, no one can. And, in all seriousness, IBM can bring to the table more resources in less time than Condolisa Rice. You, as a no boss who often chats with your boss, are not being trusted or valued by the Big Bosses. And, the Big Bosses don't trust there own talent. The final kicker in this story occurs when the IBM consultants become managers of UPS employees. Can't make this stuff up. Worthless emplyees, Scared s-less big bosses and IBM managing our employees. You just cannot make this stuff up.

BigBrownSanta

I don't care who ups hires, just as long as they fix all the bugs in the diad, such as the signature key being exactly where every customer grabs the board (and flipping the screen),

...or changes the cod screen to only accept numbers instead of letters and numbers,

...or removes the escape key completely from the alphanumeric pad...

...or programs the shippers printers to print barcodes vertically, not horizontally...

...or I could go on and on and on.

N

Not a Hoax

Alwaysaware,

Since you think it is a hoax. Pass me by on Monday and I will be wearing a blue shirt.
Then email me privately to validate your findings. This is not a hoax.

Not a Hoax

Today was Blue tomorrow is Pink Stripe

Not a Hoax

rod

Retired 22 years
Good Lord. It sounds like next thing you know we are going to have to dodge pocket protectors around here:)

I

IBM IS HERE

well it has come to pass----IBM is here and layoffs start soon----pack your bags if you work in Billing...too bad----all these people that trusted *** and his merry band of henchmen ! Remember, the more they cut back, the more their LTIP is....

I

IBM is here too

well it has come to pass----IBM is here and layoffs start soon----pack your bags if you work in Billing...too bad----all these people that trusted THE FAT MAN and his merry band of henchmen ! Remember, the more they cut back, the more their LTIP is....

--this was reposted because someone complained about the initials that were used...guess who that may have been---!!!!

C

Consultant #1

Will this be the first time in history that UPS has actually laid off people instead of consolidating departments and playing the shell game with management employees? Until the job cuts are on the paper and in the public eye, I'm not buying it.

T

Truth be told

Not one UPSer will lose their job as per our discussion on Friday.

This is an opportunity for us to do Development work and be able to support growth in our Organization.

Those who want to stir the coals and create problems shoul buy a newspaper and check the job market and leave.

Stop the whining and work with the change !!! I am !!!

Max Moroder

Malcontent
There may not be layoffs in the immediate future. But Management will continue to squeeze its people. Their motto "Do more with Less". I can say the partnership is gone, its all about the almighty dollar. I.S. is run by a bean counter. Which I won't mind if this friend---king stock would just go up in price (POS).