IS and IBM Consulting Deal

N

No ONe is gone

And no one is gone.....How the rumor animals were wrong........their credibility is shot

well it has come to pass----IBM is here and layoffs start soon----pack your bags if you work in Billing...too bad----all these people that trusted *** and his merry band of henchmen ! Remember, the more they cut back, the more their LTIP is....

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
And no one is gone.....How the rumor animals were wrong........their credibility is shot
All that has been discredited is the word "soon".

It has been nearly 3 months since "IBM IS HERE" said that layoffs would begin soon. The next thing to discredit is the word "layoff", which usually refers to a possibly-temporary suspension of employment. More likely is a permanent termination of employment without possibility of rehire.

Dfigtree

Which positions are the HAL consultants supposed to be taking; TSG, ICS, Other??

HAL, huh. OK. Time for some famous lines from the movie. Conversations with HAL.

Open the pod the bay doors, Hal.

-----David Bowman:You know, of course, though he's right about the 9000 series having a perfect operational record--they do.
Frank Poole:Unfortunately, that sounds a little like famous last words.-----

HAL 9000:This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.-----

David Bowman:How would you account for this discrepancy between you and the twin 9000?
HAL 9000:Well, I don't think there is any question about it. It can only be attributable to human error.---

--HAL 9000 Dave, my mind is going. I can feel

A

an anonymous guest

How'd it go? 'Davey, Davey....give me you answer true...'

I'm sorry Dave I can't do that......

Its like Corporate IT... 'Its full of stars...'

Go UPS!
P71

B

BrownTurd2

Why would UPS use IBM logistics? HP switches, HP PC's throughout, Go Figure. I would think we would hire HP Logistics.

BrownTurd

davesgirl

friend Y I . . . Jamie Diamond, new CEO of JPM Chase, used IBM to outsource 4,000 Chase IT workers - they were hired as IBM consultants to Chase - for approximately 15 months until it was decided who would remain with Chase. Chase had acquired several banks (Chemical, JPMorgan, BankOne, etc.) and needed to downsize duplicate IT services. Keepers were rehired and the others were aided (out) with financial severance packages and head hunters.

Wow, and that's about the size of the entire UPS IT workforce. My guess is if the stock price stays flat (despite the most current company-wide efforts), then more major and drastic changes will be coming to any part of the company. It's amazing what great lengths they will go to trying to please Wall Street. And it isn't actually the stockholders they are trying to please because so much of the stock is held by employees and managers. It's the fund managers they want to please so that they will load up their funds with significant percentages of UPS stock.

Dfigtree

so much of the stock is held by employees and managers.

Aso friend February 26, 2007, there were outstanding shares of class A common stock and 674,954,331 outstanding shares of class B common stock.

That looks like 37% for the UPS employees and trusts and retirees
and 63% for the rest of the investing world. And I think according to YAHOO 70% of the class B stock is institually held.

R

ramsey500

what the hell does this have to do with IBM moving in? and who are you, Joe Pepitone??

Dfigtree

what the hell does this have to do with IBM moving in? and who are you, Joe Pepitone??

Dear Mr.Ramsey,

It adds the facts to FREEHOLDER's post.

================================================
BTW, P71 might take exception to the Joe Pepitone reference. Those were not among the YANKEES best years. Joseph Anthony Pepitone (Pepi) debuted in 1962. The Yanks won three straight pennants followed by 6th (out of 10), 10th, 9th, 5th, then divisional play kicked in, 5th (out of 6), 2nd, 4th, 4th again, and 4th again again (1973).
================================================

Thanks for your feedback. Have a great day.

D. Harry

A

an anonymous guest

Don't forget, Joe was the 1st to use a hair dryer in the clubhouse.....

Go UPS!
P71