Is any station offering 4th July off?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by writnup566, Mar 31, 2015.

1. writnup566

writnup566 New Member

Is any station in Golden State Dist. offering Express couriers to take a day off (if Sat.reg day off)
    within 90 days because holiday falls on Saturday?
  2. Artee

Artee Active Member

Its not up to the station to offer it, because they won't. Its up to you to let them know you will be taking the day in the near future.
  3. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

Fedex is closed on the 4th.
  4. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

Well, I guess that answers the question.
  5. fatalburt0

fatalburt0 New Member

It's a paid holiday. Doesn't matter if it falls on your day off
  6. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

The day off within 90 days of the holiday is old policy. It is now at the managers discretion and you can bet the answer is no !!!!
  7. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

If its not your regular day, you are getting essentially 6 days paid... feel bad for the tu-sat folks who will only earn 5 days pay for the week.
  8. Sparky

Sparky Member

Transferring to a Tues thru Sat FT position right after the 4th so I got that going for me. Management was walking around last week asking everyone if they wanted either a day off or the extra hours on their check.
  9. fedex_rtd

fedex_rtd Active Member

If your M-F you can ask to defer your day off. You can get paid an extra day, or have an extra day off WITH pay...give me an extra day with pay. I've got a 3 day weekend out of it latter on in Aug.
  10. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

I heard they are running saturday?
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Last minute fireworks?
  12. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Ground standalone stations are closed Friday 7/3; colocations are open but only HD is running. Everything is closed Saturday 7/4.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List