Is Anyone Happy at UPS?

browniehound

I like my job. Don't necessarily always like UPS and it's not always easy to have a good attitude about work. But hey, at least I have a job. :wink2:

Dilli, I feel the same way, however my post is about something else. What is "Dilligaf"? I ask this because I saw a NH license plate with "dilligaf" or a shortend version of that the other day. Was it you, lol?

jimstud

Banned
Dilli, I feel the same way, however my post is about something else. What is "Dilligaf"? I ask this because I saw a NH license plate with "dilligaf" or a shortend version of that the other day. Was it you, lol?

do i look like i give a ******.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I bet Scott Davis is.

That's not a sure bet.

Many of these higher ups don't appear very happy and they retire as soon as they are eligible.

Someone who retires at 55 (assuming they don't have extenuating circumstances) are retiring because they are not happy at their job. JMO from observing.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's not a sure bet.

Many of these higher ups don't appear very happy and they retire as soon as they are eligible.

Someone who retires at 55 (assuming they don't have extenuating circumstances) are retiring because they are not happy at their job. JMO from observing.
They know the deal.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's not a sure bet.

Good point.

NVBrown

I love what I do. It's all in what you focus on! If you focus on the negative then all you see is the negative.There is a silver lining in every storm cloud!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I see that you have one part of your answer. The other part is, no that is not me. I am a long ways away from NH. :happy2:

upsgrunt

That's not a sure bet.

What about retiring at 50 or 55 because your body is worn out? Does that equate to unhappiness as well? I'm serious and wonder what your thoughts are on this.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What about retiring at 50 or 55 because your body is worn out? Does that equate to unhappiness as well? I'm serious and wonder what your thoughts are on this.
Sure but few management (which this point was about - Scott Davis) have to retire because of their body not being able to do the job (that's an extenuating circumstance).
For instance, baseball managers work into their 60's and 70's while the players have to retire usually in their late 30's to mid-40's.