Is BC like fight club?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Savvy412, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Savvy412

Savvy412 Active Member

I never hear about *wispers* brown cafe every mentioned at the hub. And there are so many times I want to mention something said and I just stop and get this secretive feeling and shut up

* the first rule about brown cafe, don't talk about brown
    Cafe *?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

You can tell whoever you want. It's the internet and this is a completely public site that anybody can find.

As long as you keep in mind that your co-workers and supervisors can potentially see and hold you accountable for what you post here if they know your BC identity (or can figure it out using information you've provided/posted), you'll be fine.

3. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

how can they hold you accountable for what you post here or anywhere else when you are off the clock? no freedom of speech.? give some examples.

i hear almost on a daily basis someone getting fired for something they post on facebook or twitter. that doesn't sound right to me unless the company can prove monetary damages.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

We had a guy who used to post here that got suspended from UPS for posting a picture of his DIAD.

5. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Um... if while off the clock you admit to a terminable offense committed on the clock to a website after you've already identified yourself either publicly or privately (that means: either to the entire forum or to a single individual in your center who reads your posts), you can damn sure be held accountable if it's something management can verify-- and there seems to be a whole lot of things they can verify that a person wouldn't typically think they could be tracked on.

Extreme example to make the concept blatantly obvious: You steal a package. You come to BC and brag about how you lifted a package. A co-worker or yours (or even better, someone in management) knows your username-- especially if you're one of those guys that sign up using their full name-- and sees the post you decided was safe to make because you think you're covered under freedom of speech. Co-worker doesn't like what they see. Post gets screenshotted, saved, printed, forwarded, and eventually you see that :censored2: when you come into a meeting with LP some time in the near future.

Paranoia saves lives.... and careers. Don't be a dick on the clock and don't post what you wouldn't tell the people you work with, it's that simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

First rule of fight club...

7. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Our small hub occasionally talks about the union site on Facebook and the only other people on here is management snooping around.

8. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

This place is loaded with mgt spies .

( hopefully they never find out about those missing computers , they blamed an innocent guy )

9. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

10. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Never seen it.

11. You?

12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

They can't prove I have been borrowing gas for years from the package car.

13. Box Ox

Box Ox Camacho for President!

Freedom of speech protects you from the government. Not your private employer.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

You're missing out, modern cult classic.

15. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Freedom of speech....can you tell me what amendment covers that in the contract/constitution....thanks John Hancock.

16. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

I'm from Michigan , I like frogs, I like the state of Pensilvania, I hate beer, I can't cook for ish, and I am a pushover, and am irish.........

17. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

And you cant spell for fish either

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. LMAO

19. Savvy412

Savvy412 Active Member

Say I said I stole stuff . they would still have to prove it. Nothing we say on here could hold up on its own .

I could be trolling for all they know

20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Not much on here I'd post that if it was ever found out who I am that I'd face discipline for. That being said it wouldn't be hard to find out who I am by reading though posts. I know current and former management that work here have a decent idea who I am. I'd never admit it but I refer you to the first sentence in my post.

Oh, btw I work out of the Roswell center in case you feel like playing detective.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List