Is Driving EASY?

Im probably going to start driving and get training soon..

Is training HARD and is it hard to find your way around when driving?
some reason i just have this fear of going out on the road and getting completey lost ..

any tips

rorojo

It is the hardest job I have ever had. The firsrt few months take a toll on you physically and emotionally. But It does get easier over time. as far as getting lost, get a good map book ask the drivers in your center they will know which one to get. after you run a route the first time it is pretty much the same unless they split cars. Good luck a and don't give up keep in mind that this job is not for every one

rocket man

WOW you must be the only ONE in your bldg? IF You have to Ask a question like that. You mean theres not a person in your center to ask I think your a spy or a troll or just a maroon .DID They keep you in a box that was fully taped up and you could not see whats going on? you never read any other post on this site? DO YOU EVEN WORK FOR UPS? ITS easy just go to manager say your ready get the keys diad . AND GO GO GO. ITS A EASY.

rod

Retired 22 years
The driving is easy-- its the 100 other things you are suppose to think about and do while driving that is the challenge.

fethrs

WOW you must be the only ONE in your bldg? IF You have to Ask a question like that. You mean theres not a person in your center to ask I think your a spy or a troll or just a maroon .DID They keep you in a box that was fully taped up and you could not see whats going on? you never read any other post on this site? DO YOU EVEN WORK FOR UPS? ITS easy just go to manager say your ready get the keys diad . AND GO GO GO. ITS A EASY.
Geeze rocket what is wrong with you, why do you always accuse new people of being trolls? What do you think this site is for? For you to call people names? Calling somone a maroon and a troll on their first post, not cool Rocket, you need to take it easy. Let it go man what ever it is...let it go....

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Think of it as though you're driving through a fog. Sooner or later the task gets clearer and clearer. Then, you can laugh at the next guy/gal who gets into the PC for the first time and the look of impending panic on his/her face.

Another tip, look to see who you think looks like the worst driver in the center and say to yourself, "If that person can do it - can't see how I can't do it".

Ok,Ok, enough....

rocket man

Geeze rocket what is wrong with you, why do you always accuse new people of being trolls? What do you think this site is for? For you to call people names? Calling somone a maroon and a troll on their first post, not cool Rocket, you need to take it easy. Let it go man what ever it is...let it go....
FETHERS ARE YOU A MOLL OR A TROLL I THINK SO:wink2:
Think about that question is he or she in a center bldg or hub by them selfs

rocket man

ILL BE Honest I WAS A MESS FOR THE FIRST YEAR AND A HALF almost 2 STILL MESS UP ONCE IN A WHILE .. IS THAT BETTER FETHERS????????

GeorgiaBrown

The driving is easy-- its the 100 other things you are suppose to think about and do while driving that is the challenge.

If you don't mind sweating like a workcrew convict in the summer, dealing with sometimes unrealistic expectations from management and customers, watching your body slowly fall apart from the physical abuse you must endure daily, the stress of doing a performance based occupation, and UPS's 1 million and 1 little things that can get you fired then it is a great job.

Actually I like my job and I enjoy the challenge of doing it....but like a lot of other jobs it's not the work that is the problem.....just all the other side issues that make it tough.....

If you like a good challenge, have a reasonable mental acuity and a high tolerance for BS...... then I would say go for it.......

A little advice I heard once from a wise man.....

If you make yourself valuable to an employer then management will overlook a lot of things to hold on to you......(In other words, do a good job and you will be fine).....good luck:wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)

Please, no more questions on BC, if you work already for UPS.
Just plain rude, once again. Rocket.

Think before you speak.
Man, do I feel sorry for your co-workers and customers that deal with you.

SKAGITDRIVER

The work at UPS is not hard but there is always a lot of it and they always want you to do it faster you must find a happy medium on your work pace and remember it is not "ROCKET SCIENCE" or most of these guys (myself included) couldn't do it and certainally not the supervisors that work here good luck

ups79

some reason i just have this fear of going out on the road and getting completey lost ..

any tips

Driving is easy, hopping off and on that truck over 200 times a day is difficult.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Please, no more questions on BC, if you work already for UPS.
Just plain rude, once again. Rocket.

Think before you speak.
Man, do I feel sorry for your co-workers and customers that deal with you.

Yea Rocket. You should get a cool beer for lunch and then you'll see things more collectively. :funny:

UPSGUY72

Can you drive a Stick ? If not than you won't be driving.

No the training isn't to hard.

any tips

When you start out plan on it not being easy if it was easy everyone would want to be a UPS driver.

If you don't want to get lost

GET A MAP ????