Is FedEx a Great Company,or the Greatest Company?

vantexan

i joined this forum to discuss, in a realistic manor, our current events..not to witness a bunch of chicken fight and beat down shills..what a chore..

Well bless your heart. But if you are realistic, you'll mind your manners, otherwise go inside your manor and lock the door.

On second look it appears you were agreeing with me. That happens so little around here I don't know how to act. :bag:

vantexan

what a confusing quote vantexan..all im saying is fedex4life is an idiot.

Just for clarification, a manor is generally a large home of a wealthy person. A manner is either a way of doing something that's unique to an individual, or a set of etiquette rules.

Ghostwriter

To all those that still drink the purple liquid- the well is running dry. FEDEX 4 LIFE you really might want to consider a "new" name. I will give you some examples like FEDEX GROUND 4 LIFE, UNEMPLOYED 4 LIFE, FORMER FEDEX 4 LIFE, UNINFORMED 4 LIFE and/ or maybe never post a thread again..... 4 LIFE.

ghost

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would you all prefer that FedEx ignore market trends and refuse to restructure? Borders and Blockbuster are the first two names that come to mind of companies who failed to recogize market trends in a timely manner and are now either out of business or will be shortly.

From a purely business viewpoint Ground has the ideal business structure. It is also the most profitable division within FedEx so it only makes sense to shift as much volume to Ground as possible.

I would not use the terms "great" or "greatest" to define FedEx but I do applaud them for recognizing a changing marketplace and restructuring in response to these changes.

hypo hanna

"Is FedEx a Great Company,or the Greatest Company? "

Answer, None of the above.

Now if you were to rephrase it as; "Was FedEx a Great Company,or the Greatest Company? ", well that could be open for debate.

Would you all prefer that FedEx ignore market trends and refuse to restructure?

I would have prefered they not have mismanaged us into a position where the only way to survive these hard times is to screw over the very people who sacrificed so much to build this company.

Mr Fedex

Banned
Would you all prefer that FedEx ignore market trends and refuse to restructure? Borders and Blockbuster are the first two names that come to mind of companies who failed to recogize market trends in a timely manner and are now either out of business or will be shortly.

From a purely business viewpoint Ground has the ideal business structure. It is also the most profitable division within FedEx so it only makes sense to shift as much volume to Ground as possible.

I would not use the terms "great" or "greatest" to define FedEx but I do applaud them for recognizing a changing marketplace and restructuring in response to these changes.
Wow. Well said.

Goldilocks

"Is FedEx a Great Company,or the Greatest Company? "

Answer, None of the above.

Now if you were to rephrase it as; "Was FedEx a Great Company,or the Greatest Company? ", well that could be open for debate.

I would have prefered they not have mismanaged us into a position where the only way to survive these hard times is to screw over the very people who sacrificed so much to build this company.

:youreright: