Is FedEx a Great Company,or the Greatest Company?

vantexan

Would you all prefer that FedEx ignore market trends and refuse to restructure? Borders and Blockbuster are the first two names that come to mind of companies who failed to recogize market trends in a timely manner and are now either out of business or will be shortly.

From a purely business viewpoint Ground has the ideal business structure. It is also the most profitable division within FedEx so it only makes sense to shift as much volume to Ground as possible.

I would not use the terms "great" or "greatest" to define FedEx but I do applaud them for recognizing a changing marketplace and restructuring in response to these changes.

I would have preferred they didn't take away promised benefits and decent raises from employees to help pay for Ground infrastructure. We employees literally helped pay for our demise. They have every right to take the company in a different direction for profit's sake. But did they have to screw us over to do it?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Would you all prefer that FedEx ignore market trends and refuse to restructure? Borders and Blockbuster are the first two names that come to mind of companies who failed to recogize market trends in a timely manner and are now either out of business or will be shortly.

From a purely business viewpoint Ground has the ideal business structure. It is also the most profitable division within FedEx so it only makes sense to shift as much volume to Ground as possible.

I would not use the terms "great" or "greatest" to define FedEx but I do applaud them for recognizing a changing marketplace and restructuring in response to these changes.

I came to FedEx after my previous employer had to shut down for that reason. Instead of sacrificing a few people here and there for the long term benefit of the business and everyone else who worked there, they tried to "do right" and keep everyone on the payroll. It didn't work.

bbsam

Staff member
I would have preferred they didn't take away promised benefits and decent raises from employees to help pay for Ground infrastructure. We employees literally helped pay for our demise. They have every right to take the company in a different direction for profit's sake. But did they have to screw us over to do it?
I think you have that wrong. I think we have paid for our own infrastructure expansion and I think R1a explained it a few months ago.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I'm sure you'll feel the same way when your job goes away. UPS would just be "following market trends".

vantexan

I think you have that wrong. I think we have paid for our own infrastructure expansion and I think R1a explained it a few months ago.

Most of the profit comes out of Ground, which was used to build infrastructure. To keep the overall profit picture looking rosy as possible they terminated our pension and slowed our pay profession way down. The money they saved kept up appearances. So yes, we literally helped pay for our own demise. Thanks FedEx!!

bbsam

Staff member
Most of the profit comes out of Ground, which was used to build infrastructure. To keep the overall profit picture looking rosy as possible they terminated our pension and slowed our pay profession way down. The money they saved kept up appearances. So yes, we literally helped pay for our own demise. Thanks FedEx!!

That seems a stretch. They made cuts to try to mimic Ground's profit perhaps. Or do you charge they cooked the books?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I came to FedEx after my previous employer had to shut down for that reason. Instead of sacrificing a few people here and there for the long term benefit of the business and everyone else who worked there, they tried to "do right" and keep everyone on the payroll. It didn't work.

Funny how that goes hand in hand with what FedEx is doing. Please name the previous employer so we can verify your shillformation.

vantexan

That seems a stretch. They made cuts to try to mimic Ground's profit perhaps. Or do you charge they cooked the books?

I'm charging that they knew they were going to do the big switch to Ground years ago and didn't have to take away the traditional pension among other things. The eventual drop in hours would have insured that our 5 highest paid years to determine our pension amount would have been frozen because we would have never again made that kind of pay. And they could have been more generous with the raises too. How about topping us in mid-range out faster because at 35 hrs we're the one's who'll really struggle. These Modufoquers only care about their foquing selves. Yeah, I said it.
Analholes.