Is fedex targeting me?

Bankrupt

I found out today starting mon my start time will be pushed back 1hr. I have a rural rte pm commit area that has dropped significantly in volume this year. Back in bldg in less than 8 is the norm except on mon lately(1 in our loop tue/sat) I won't be getting any hrs now! I think I'm being targeted because I'm costing the co lots in medical w my sons condition. I guess they hope ill just give up and quit. Where would I go except to try and find supplemental part time work outside my fed ex hours I need insurance. Mgmnt is aware of my situation and I'm not the least senior in our loop but my rte was chosen to be pushed back(one of our pt is taking my place on the doc sort) PSP in full effect

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I found out today starting mon my start time will be pushed back 1hr. I have a rural rte pm commit area that has dropped significantly in volume this year. Back in bldg in less than 8 is the norm except on mon lately(1 in our loop tue/sat) I won't be getting any hrs now! I think I'm being targeted because I'm costing the co lots in medical w my sons condition. I guess they hope ill just give up and quit. Where would I go except to try and find supplemental part time work outside my fed ex hours I need insurance. Mgmnt is aware of my situation and I'm not the least senior in our loop but my rte was chosen to be pushed back(one of our pt is taking my place on the doc sort) PSP in full effect

Yes. They want you gone.

Bankrupt

You said it yourself---volume on your area is down significantly. It sucks but the start time does make sense.
There is plenty other areas of opportunity to reduce hours but mgmnt has chosen to single me out it seems. I will reserve judgement unless no one else is pushed back, however I don't trust any of the slimey mgrs at my location especially the sr

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There is plenty other areas of opportunity to reduce hours but mgmnt has chosen to single me out it seems. I will reserve judgement unless no one else is pushed back, however I don't trust any of the slimey mgrs at my location especially the sr

If you are being singled out and can prove it, you have something. Without proof, you've got nothing. Keep a journal, make sure you pay attention to what is happening with the other employees, and if it keeps up, do something about it legally. HR is not your friend.

Maui

Highly doubtful. More than likely they want to keep the OT% under a certain goal and a PM route means service typically is not jeopardized. There is a big push to reduce OT.

Also, the station really does not care about the cost of medical care for your son. It is not part of their budget and they do not see those costs. Furthermore, medical costs should NEVER be part of employment decisions.

Bankrupt

Highly doubtful. More than likely they want to keep the OT% under a certain goal and a PM route means service typically is not jeopardized. There is a big push to reduce OT. Also, the station really does not care about the cost of medical care for your son. It is not part of their budget and they do not see those costs. Furthermore, medical costs should NEVER be part of employment decisions.
I'd like to agree w you but we are on a fed ex msg board and they are self insured,furthermore station level mgmnt is nothing more than a puppet of the master of fed ex were PSP means profits service then people

Myort

How many hours have you been getting per week? Reducing OT is a huge issue right now and I know there were many stations that had numerous people getting 50+ hours per week.

Bankrupt

How many hours have you been getting per week? Reducing OT is a huge issue right now and I know there were many stations that had numerous people getting 50+ hours per week.
Now I'll b looking at 34reg and the same ot on mon barely guarantee

Maui

I'd like to agree w you but we are on a fed ex msg board and they are self insured,furthermore station level mgmnt is nothing more than a puppet of the master of fed ex were PSP means profits service then people

I've been at locations with couriers actively undergoing chemotherapy. That courier was treated well and protected by FMLA. Seriously, I am as close to 100% sure about this as is possible without actually being there. There would NOT be an executive directive to eliminate someone even if the care were millions of dollars. The liability of doing so is FAR FAR greater than just letting it go.

Again, the station has nothing to do with medical benefits.

Maui

38 to 39 reg and 3 to3.5 ot

Do you have any idea of the hours distribution there? Are some working 50 or 55 hours? If so, then I would request a balancing of hours assuming you want more.

There is a huge push to decrease OT. Do you know if your PT replacement on the sort is working more than 17.5?

Bankrupt

I've been at locations with couriers actively undergoing chemotherapy. That courier was treated well and protected by FMLA. Seriously, I am as close to 100% sure about this as is possible without actually being there. There would NOT be an executive directive to eliminate someone even if the care were millions of dollars. The liability of doing so is FAR FAR greater than just letting it go.

Again, the station has nothing to do with medical benefits.
The last time I asked for a day off I had to remind my mgr about FMLA, wasn't sure she could cover my rte. needless to say I was granted the day off(but really I had to bring up FMLA I've been approved for months now)

Bankrupt

Do you have any idea of the hours distribution there? Are some working 50 or 55 hours? If so, then I would request a balancing of hours assuming you want more.

There is a huge push to decrease OT. Do you know if your PT replacement on the sort is working more than 17.5?
I don't think anyone is getting 50+ and she was doing FO but there making service fine w/o her so I doubt she's even getting 17.5 except for her sat rte(4 4.5 hrs maybe then)

Maui

I don't think anyone is getting 50+ and she was doing FO but there making service fine w/o her so I doubt she's even getting 17.5 except for her sat rte(4 4.5 hrs maybe then)

Seems like they might be looking for a way to avoid paying mins and reduce some OT. If there are others that could be taken off the sort some days and you want hours I would request that there be some days you are scheduled and the PT can replace him/her on the sort to balance the hours.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
No, these days PSP stands for Pricks Screwing Peons

Btn1969

They cut my am hours by 85 min a day. Thats about 6.5 k a year. Zero ot. Plus they are giving letters like candy. I've been getting a lot of candy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They cut my am hours by 85 min a day. Thats about 6.5 k a year. Zero ot. Plus they are giving letters like candy. I've been getting a lot of candy.

$6,500 per year. That is a major shot, and it's not like most people are already making bank off Mr. Smith. It's pretty clear he wants only short-term employees that he can pay as little as possible. In other word, he wants Ground at Express, and I hope he gets it, because if you think Express is a mess now, wait until the "new breed" is all they have left. Sit back and watch the chaos ensue.