is it holiday tomorrow?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by kenmei, Mar 20, 2008.

1. kenmei

kenmei New Member

if so do i got pay? or it just joliday in some state

2. rod

rod retired and happy

jes it his maybe

3. UpsSuP1

UpsSuP1 Sup

Well it's a holiday. But not a UPS holiday. Sorry. No extra pay or what not. We are still working full steam ahead.

4. atatbl

atatbl Active Member

I have been waiting soooo long for the TS's return.

5. david cassin

david cassin dublinbrown

greetings from the emerald isle,goods old catholic ireland is working tomorrow "good friday" but all our european friends are all off as its a holiday in their respective countries...
    it will help our drivers on tuesday as its a bank hol on monday.
    happy easter to one and all.:wink2:

6. poozer2000

poozer2000 New Member

No work for me tomorrow (fri) infact no work for me untill tuesday
    what am i gonna do !!!! ah easter eggs Mmmmmm

7. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Poozer.....then you are going from PAS to PAAS !!! :wink2:

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Kenmei, I was starting to get worried about you. Tomorrow is a regular day, although they will cut a lot more areas than usual due to all of the closings. Our next holiday is not until Memorial Day.

9. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Good Friday is not a good Friday if you work at UPS! It is just another work day. There may be a few businesses closed, but most of them will be open. Easter came about a week earlier this year, its really thrown a few people off. Oh by the way, today is the first day of Spring!:happy2:
    Lots of stuff starting to bloom down here!

10. browniehound

browniehound Well-Known Member

Sounds great Scratch! Heck, its still winter here in good ole' Boston. Wet ground, no birds chriping, no flowers blooming, bad drivers and many people in bad moods. We won't see spring until sometime in May it appears. LOL

11. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Ah yes the first day of spring, and 2 to 4 inches friday of snow. And the rivers are flooded from 7 inches of rain. The crocuses who stuck their delicate little stems above ground will choke and the Robins are singing, what the he**!!!! But it has to get here soon!!!!

12. wily_old_vet

wily_old_vet New Member

I'm pretty sure it is a paid holiday for apprentice "tapers"

13. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I'm glad to see Kenmei back. I thought he was going to quit!!! lol lol lol:happy-very:

15. FAVREFAN

FAVREFAN Member

Happy "Joliday" everyone! Welcome back Kenmei!.

16. kenmei

kenmei New Member

the ups is so dam. lots of people r off tomorrow for "dark friday"
    p.s. never go out with anyone in "dark friday"

17. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Is it a holiday tommorrow ?
    Yes, For the Cows, Pigs, and Chickens.........We (Catholics) are suppose to "Just say no" to meat on Good Friday. But I somehow can't resist carnivous temptation. Hope I don't burn in hell.....:bbq:.........I mean't hope I don't burn the burgers. Good Bless Eat and drink ! And have a good Easter. And another thing, I think Jesus and his desciples had more than bread wafers and wine at the last supper. JMHO

18. rod

rod retired and happy

yes tomorrow is Saturday so take the day off:peaceful:

19. UPS Lifer

UPS Lifer Well-Known Member

I had an employee once ask me (thinking that Easter was a paid holiday) what day of the week Easter fell on this year? I wanted to respond with a sarcastic remark but thought better of it. (The person was so serious with the question)

Another useless factoid...
    Easter always falls on the first Sunday after the 1st full moon of the spring equinox. I just learned that recently when I went to look up the date it would fall on this year.