Is it just me. Re:Women who work in Dr's offices

theslinger

There's a few routes around here that are heavily doctors offices.

One was an oncology place, with an older bitchy gal behind the desk.

I had a hand cart of stuff, two smaller cases of paper on the bottom.

"Ok, you can put those there, and then those two boxes on the bottom YOU can go ahead and put those away in this closet here." "Uh, no. You pick one place, that's where they go."

She got an attitude, I slid the hand cart out right where it was. She shoved the stuff off the two cases of paper, and then she grabbed the one case of paper by the strap, and literally heaved the dang thing in to the closet, and then did it again with the second case. I was moderately impressed.

So I say "That didn't look to be that difficult. I don't know why you thought I should do it."

BAZINGA!!!!!

Yeah, I think she called in on that one lol
When I say heaved it, I mean she one handed threw that bitch over 5 feet in to the closet lol
I totally visualized this scenario and busted out laughing. Woke up the wife but it was well worth it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg
Relax, you get paid by the hour.;)
Never understood how some drivers just rush around like a chicken with there head cut off, speeding, getting angry to have to wait 4 seconds in an air conditioned office Relax is right. Morons.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have horrible social skills. The personality of a doormat. I couldn't make small talk with someone, if you held a gun to my head and said do it or I'm pulling the trigger. That being said, I'm polite to everyone. But it's robotic. If I cover the same route for a week, I am saying the same 20 words to every person on the route, all 5 days. Got these 5 for you today. Just need a signature. What's your last name again? Have a good one

Once you get a route that will change.

It may change a bit but not as much as you may think. The key is to interact with the customer while scanning and completing the delivery. Waiting until they have signed to BS just wastes time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's what the doctors would like to get their hands on : the medical history of your ancestors so they can treat you(with pharmaceuticals, of course) as if you have the diseases your ancestors had. It's better to tell them nothing. But I digress.

Lol you're nuts. My wife is in the medical
Field. Not fully disclosing your or your family's medical history leads to many deaths every year.

Failure to fully disclose your family's medical history could delay treatment or result in the wrong treatment being provided with potentially disastrous results.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I covered a new route today. Had a scheduled pick up at a doctors office, walked in right on time and asked if she had anything going out. The look of bewilderment astonished me so I asked if a person in brown usually stops by around this time. Again she looks at me like I'm crazy and says no. I asked if she was sure, at which point she goes well we normally post a sign on the first floor if we have anything.

Guess I should have known about that sign..

DO NOT FOLLOW PICKUP YES/NO SIGNS!!!!

S

selfcancelsignal

The absolute worst attitudes. Like they are doing me a favor if they sign for a package. Wanting me to wait in line like I am a patient waiting to see the Dr. :rofl:

NR1 if it's not signed for in under 60 seconds. And no, I will not go back if I receive a communication asking me too.

I guess dealing with sick people all day can wear on someone. Big deal. Is someone holding a gun to their head, forcing them into that line of work?
The ones in my area are extremely nice & helpful. Delivered to them a lot before I had a bid route as their area was usually put on a junker. The only problem I have with them is the low cut tops they wear screaming, "Look, the girls are out to play today!" Yowzer! Not sure how some of them get away with it. [emoji3]

S

selfcancelsignal

I really enjoy those that will not even look at me while on the phone.

I mean, really how hard is it to sign your name. Does it require so much brain power you need to think about and can't continue your conversation.
For a few in my area... Yes! I do appreciate the ones on the phone that'll put whoever they're talking to on hold to sign.