Is it just me. Re:Women who work in Dr's offices

Dr.Brownz

Planned parenthood is actually my best. I would not expect that.

PP is horrible for me. There is one girl who works the front who I swear goes out of her way to be as unhelpful as possible. Refusing to sign for everyones packages, when I asked about an ODS pickup once she just says "i don't know" and doesn't offer to find someone in the back who does, wants to finish having inane conversations with co-workers before sig (oh and wants me to leave the room so she can tell her co-worker a password to some account like I give 2 :censored2:s what it is)

I've had far more dentists/doctor offices that are friendly though. I have one mechanic shop where everyone is an absolute :censored2:, except the youngest guy (who is the son of an older :censored2:). They refuse to even say hi when I go in, first time I went in I asked where they wanted their hand truck full of stuff and the guy literally didn't respond so I said alright I'll stack them right here and you can decide. Asked for clarification on the last name and he insists his sig is legible. Lady at a boys home yesterday too insisted I was having a bad attitude when I litteraly walked in and said "hello I have a package for (address and name of boys home) she looks up and glares at me and then snaps back "I can't hear you unless I push this button" Then I hand her the DIAD to sign and she can't find the stylus so I say it's on the bottom left and then she tries to sign it the wrong way so I say "flip that over" and she starts screaming "I know I do this EVERYDAY!" ok. She demanded my name but I just laughed at her and gave her my truck number and said have a good day.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429979086.500069.jpg

UPSGUY72

It's not just women. Our mall driver was hated on his route. Not by a few it was universal.

I covered for him when he went on his honeymoon. No less than 5 people said "who would marry that :censored2:"

Some people don't have great social skills.

Some routes I cover. Customers are always complaining about the normal driver and than proceed to say you should take over the route. I have to politely explain to then that it doesn't work that way.

margaritaville

Here is a good one. I was trying to get a sig at a gas station counter with 3 people in line. The gas station manager arrogantly goes, "i serve my customers first" when i try to hand him the board. The customer goes, "thats messed up, just sign it for him." He went from smug as hell to belittled in like 1 second. And i was grinning so hard walking out of there.

feeder05

I always saved difficult deliveries ath the end of the day or with my pickups. It's amazing how fast they notice you when you have delivered their supplies after 4PM. Or try the old delvery notice NI1 and bring it back the next day.

Dr.Brownz

Here is a good one. I was trying to get a sig at a gas station counter with 3 people in line. The gas station manager arrogantly goes, "i serve my customers first" when i try to hand him the board. The customer goes, "thats messed up, just sign it for him." He went from smug as hell to belittled in like 1 second. And i was grinning so hard walking out of there.

Optician delivery I cover sometimes: New Lady told me she couldn't sign because she was with a customer, old lady from the back hears this and tells the person she is on the phone with to hold on, gets up comes out of her back office and signs the board. Now the new lady signs immediately every-time even with customers right there.

porkwagon

If they are in the middle of a transaction with a customer, I wait until that transaction is complete, or 3 minutes. Whichever comes first. Then I just leave with the stuff. I'll try again later that day if I'm passing there again otherwise, the next day. I won't argue about it. That's how I've handled it for 27 years.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had 1 of these on 1 of my old bid routes & really miss these gals. They were great!
My girls work at a place that I believe is also a inner city health clinic as there are many men that I have seen there. Mine does not perform abortions, that one is a few streets away.
I will not give my opinion on that procedure, but as a mother of 2 and grandmother of 7 from my son and 5 from my husbands stepson, I guess you might know how I feel.

I was just saying they are friendly, warm and caring women. Teachers and schools are far worse than my doc offices.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I find women in banks to be the bitchiest generally. No matter where they are I think they're prolly miserable stuck inside in pretty much one place all day long. When someone like that is short or pretentious with me I like to walk out with a spring in my step giving them a pageant wave. :p Get in my big brown truck and vroom I'm off.

UPSGUY72

Although I do get a little annoyed when waiting for someone to sign for a package I really don't see a problem unless I still have NDA to deliver. As I see it I get paid by the hour (minute or second however you want to look at it) not the piece whether I wait 2 seconds or 2 minutes I'm still getting paid. Usually waiting longer means I'm going to be making more OT on OT I make $.84 a minute. I don't see a big issue....

ManInBrown

Although I do get a little annoyed when waiting for someone to sign for a package I really don't see a problem unless I still have NDA to deliver. As I see it I get paid by the hour (minute or second however you want to look at it) not the piece whether I wait 2 seconds or 2 minutes I'm still getting paid. Usually waiting longer means I'm going to be making more OT on OT I make $.84 a minute. I don't see a big issue....

It's not the 1 time thing of them making you wait thats the problem. It's when they see they can do it, and you'll happily bend over and take it where it becomes a problem. Then it becomes 2 minutes today, 5 minutes tomorrow, and you'll just have to wait in line behind these 4 patients waiting to see the Dr. Then i will happily sign for you after that. It's ridiculous. I'm providing a service of bringing you goods. I'm not a patient that needs to wait in line.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
It's not the 1 time thing of them making you wait thats the problem. It's when they see they can do it, and you'll happily bend over and take it where it becomes a problem. Then it becomes 2 minutes today, 5 minutes tomorrow, and you'll just have to wait in line behind these 4 patients waiting to see the Dr. Then i will happily sign for you after that. It's ridiculous. I'm providing a service of bringing you goods. I'm not a patient that needs to wait in line.

And when they're phone convo is like, way more important than their job.

"Omg, like, I was like, no way!! And she was all like, Yes way!! And then he was like, Well..."

Shaddup and sign already...

UPSGUY72

If your waiting 5 minute you waited to long. Find someone else to sign or come back later. You need to speak up and say I'll be back later and than follow through. If you son't follow through than they will keep on screwing you. If it a office and the package isn't sig required I have no problem with DR it and telling them they are all set.

Again 5 minute of OT is $4 + in my pocket....

ManInBrown

If your waiting 5 minute you waited to long. Find someone else to sign or come back later. You need to speak up and say I'll be back later and than follow through. If you son't follow through than they will keep on screwing you. If it a office and the package isn't sig required I have no problem with DR it and telling them they are all set.

Again 5 minute of OT is $4 + in my pocket....
I don't get screwed. That's the point of the thread. I started it.