Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed ppl?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If the contract doesn't give them a raise or more pork they won't support it. If the contract gives part timers more pork than them its a problem, but if they get more pork its an all out yes and harassing and brainwashing part timers to vote yes. I'm voting yes on this contract. Although its only a .50 cent raise, its still something. What you want us to do, vote that down and we will get NOTHING on the next contract while you fulltimers get all the pork off the sweat of the parttimers that the lying union subsidize from us to compensate the fulltimers. I'm only 19 yrs old and I I'm not eligible for any fulltime job at UPS, so I can wait. So if this contract makes you cannot retire, then so be it. You have to take some L with the W too.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed pp

From now on, I'm going to vote yes on anything fulltimers don't support. And yes, the cynicism is now this high.

over9five

Staff member
Re: Is it me or is it that fulltime drivers are the most selfish and self-absorbed pp

If the contract doesn't give them a raise or more pork they won't support it. If the contract gives part timers more pork than them its a problem, but if they get more pork its an all out yes and harassing and brainwashing part timers to vote yes. I'm voting yes on this contract. Although its only a .50 cent raise, its still something. What you want us to do, vote that down and we will get NOTHING on the next contract while you fulltimers get all the pork off the sweat of the parttimers that the lying union subsidize from us to compensate the fulltimers. I'm only 19 yrs old and I I'm not eligible for any fulltime job at UPS, so I can wait. So if this contract makes you cannot retire, then so be it. You have to take some L with the W too.
You can't make an argument like that. Part timers outnumber Full timers 3 to 1. You guys could get whatever you wanted if you participated.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I know, a lot of the part timers are bums who want a quick buck. It's cold, but its the truth. Most of the reps in the union meeting are/were full time drivers.

curiousbrain

A lot of smoke there ...... but maybe a little fire.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

You can't make an argument like that. Part timers outnumber Full timers 3 to 1. You guys could get whatever you wanted if you participated.
I lost count of how many other part timers I talked to about voting. 2 said thay never got a ballot, (well call the local!), 2 or 3 said they got something in the mail, but didnt open it, & a few others said they got it but their vote didn't matter, so they weren't gonna vote! WTF?!
Vote yes, vote no, I don't care, but if your too lazy to vote, I don't wanna here you cry at the outcome.

on edit: that's on a shift of about 20!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Agree! And they got the audacity to cry that they're not getting compensated enough. I just wish part timers would become more aware of voting and how important it is. I always look at the drivers with the "are you serious" look whenever they want me to unload their trucks faster so they can get to go home earlier. They stop messing with me though. And a very funny moment was when a full time driver was trying to bribe me with a gatarade for me to unload his truck faster, very amusing.

UPSGUY72

Remember PT job's are not met to live off they are PT for a reason.

jaker

trolling

Holy crap you little whining b! Teh , you go work at a place for 3 hours and a no responseabitly job and try to compare your job to ours . Also drivers are not complaining about money it's all about health care

Also why is a driver waiting for you to unload the truck , I drop mine off and walk away

UPS Preloader

I agree with you 100%, but it still sucks for those of us part timers that do care. Overall, I was not impacted in a negative way with the new TA, but I was not in favor of it as I did not feel it was in our best interest.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Holy crap you little whining b! Teh , you go work at a place for 3 hours and a no responseabitly job and try to compamre your job to ours . Also drivers are not complaining about money it's all about health care

Also why is a driver waiting for you to unload the truck , I drop mine off and walk away

Agreed, the whining little B is talking out his A. It's not a war of PTer's vs drivers, first of all. Second, we're bums looking for a buck? Unlike you, I'm not some 19 yr old kid living with my parents, still covered under their health insurance. I work at ups and have a FT job. And I voted. Sorry you only make 10.50/hr, but that's your problem. Side note: any chance this guy is Loyal teamster troll?

Tough Guy

When you (and I) get to full time driver (if ever), than I'll remember to personally thank you for increasing our progression system to 4 years. (possibly 5 by the time the next contract rolls around, and possibly with a top rate cap for new drivers). You're agreeing to make it so that we have to wait 4 years to get top rate, when we already have to wait 5 or so years to get the job to begin with.

I'm a lowly loader myself but the contract is about more than just drivers and loaders. What about the retirees this is ****ting all over? You have to remember that ups made RECORD PROFITS, so there shouldn't be any reason to take anything less than we had before. The only reason that should happen is if the company made less money, which they DIDN'T.

So if you're voting for or against something just because of what the drivers think (which, the guy bribing you with gatorade doesn't represent, or have the same exact views as every driver in the company) than you're not looking at things in the big picture.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Holy crap you little whining b! Teh , you go work at a place for 3 hours and a no responseabitly job and try to compare your job to ours . Also drivers are not complaining about money it's all about health care

Every job is meant to live off of. A job is a job. And yes, I'm talking about the trailer drivers. Part time job should be 4-6 hours, not 2 - 3.5 hours. And yes, we have every right to compare our job and benefits and compensation with yours since we worker harder than you guys in filthy dusty warehouse for far less money while you guys sit on your *****es all day driving and have the audacity to cry and moan that its hard.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Agreed, the whining little B is talking out his A. It's not a war of PTer's vs drivers, first of all. Second, we're bums looking for a buck? Unlike you, I'm not some 19 yr old kid living with my parents, still covered under their health insurance. I work at ups and have a FT job. And I voted. Sorry you only make 10.50/hr, but that's your problem. Side note: any chance this guy is Loyal teamster troll?

All you ponder about are trolls. Maybe its you who are the TROLL.