is it really that hard to become permanent part time?

is it really that hard to become permanent part time?

• Yes, you have to know your stuff

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No, a monkey could do it

Votes: 21 87.5%

• Total voters

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
if your called back to work after January 15th, show up every day on time for the next 2 months or so until they start taking union initiation fees out of your check and your in. watch your missloads/missorts!

iDontWorkAtUps

it doesn't seem like the people that are doing that are all that
I am a permanent part-timer loading trucks. I haven't been here too long, but I've learned the faster you go the more work they give you. Once you learn to slow it down a little, keep a safe pace, and just take it one box at a time, the better off you'll be for the rest of your time here.

No it is not. If you've been hired before peak season all you must do is make your 30 days and you're some what in the clear. Then you'll be paying union dues until you're permanent. On the other hand, if you are hired during the date after thanksgiving for peak season, there is a %20 chance that management will keep you as a permanent PT employee.

browner89

So if there's only a %20 chance, I guess it is hard to get then right?

Where are you getting these numbers from?

If you're one guy competing against 4 others for one spot, then yes, you have a 20% chance, improve your odds by working harder than them and telling your HR/management that you want the permanent job on January 16th.

Once you make book, work safe and enjoy the ride and apply for TCD every time the list appears.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Let them know you want to be a permanent. If they don't hire you right away don't worry. We usually hire a few guys at first, then when the turnover picks up we call the guys who wanted to stay on.