Is it really worth it?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I've been a driver (off the street) for 6 months now. Since January I've been working 15-25 hours a week. I'm on call 5 days a week. I have no vacation, sick, or personal days. My first vacation is scheduled in January of 2016 for a week. I'm financially in a tough spot, $200 a week is not enough. And yes the health insurance is awesome, but for me, its not really free. I am giving up 5 days a week and only working 1-3. When I do work, they pile the work on me. They give me 200+ stops and always say "well you want the work right"? I am 30 years old and last year made $50,000 working construction and other odd jobs.

Is it really worth it? I spoke to a previous employer this past week and they offered me a comfortable position, 4 weeks of paid leave to start, $45k a year and going up, and affordable health care. Its also a low stress job, and 4 day work weeks, four 10 hour days. Its hard for me to say this isn't a bad option, particularly with the way things are right now. What I want to know is if it is really worth it? If you were offered this position before you were in with UPS too deep, would you take it?

Do not make a career of ups; trust me on this one.

32 year employee