Is it safe to assume....

snarts

That if drivers don't complain about your load quality to you or your supervisor that the load is at least decent? I place everything in order but I still see them shuffling packages around before they leave.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They might just be shuffling things around because they do their route differently than the board says to...no matter how bad my load is I don't say anything to the loader because I've been a loader and I know it's hard work...I've only complained to a sup once...but it's pointless to even complain cause they'll just say go one stop at a time...anyway if everything is in order you're fine...all drivers are different

542thruNthru

I've only complained about one loader. He just didn't care. Talked on his cell the whole time and tossed boxes from random shelves into the RDR and RDL. As soon as he saw me put my cooler in the truck he wouldn't load another box. I actually put in the comments "I don't understand how he still has a job."

He's always in trouble though so I don't think they cared about what I said.

Drink Craft Beer

His ass would have been back in the unload so fast his head would have spun.
Depends on how fast he is getting out of the unload.

New employees at my hub don't start in the unload anymore. The keep the ones who get out in a timely fashion in there. New employees are expected to be loading trucks from day one.

rod

Retired 22 years
That if drivers don't complain about your load quality to you or your supervisor that the load is at least decent? I place everything in order but I still see them shuffling packages around before they leave.

It used to be we would rearrange the load so we could get to the good looking babes house before she had a chance to get dressed for the day. Cheap thrills.

Teospal

Pretty much, at least in my experience. I talk with 2 of my drivers on a regular basis and one doesn't hesitate to tell me if there is something I can do better if I screwed up something the day before (I asked them to let me know so I can make their loads better). Even when he doesn't say anything he still shuffles stuff around. So they're probably just prepping for the day rather than fixing any mistakes you may have made.

Also I'm a bit of a stickler for making sure large or irregs are under the shelves they're supposed to be. Sometimes this means one side has more than the other. Two of my drivers will shuffle floor stuff around, but that's for them to do; that way they know when there's a 6000 under the 3000 and it doesn't come back on me for putting packages in the wrong area.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I don't talk to my loader at all. I know he doesn't care. And if I were to talk to him I would end up ripping his head off verbally. So it's better just to avoid the situation. I have mentioned issues to sups and the only response I get it, "we are a bit understaffed so there is nothing we can do." I say, I don't want him fired, just to do his job properly. the just shrug their shoulders.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am very fortunate to have one of the best loaders in the building. He is talking about driving and while I know that he would be a great driver I would hate losing him as a loader.