Is it safe to assume....

8 Hour Day

If you're really curious, just ask them if there's something you can improve. The driver might think it's a trap, though. As you can tell from the comments, generally nothing we need fixed is ever fixed.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That if drivers don't complain about your load quality to you or your supervisor that the load is at least decent? I place everything in order but I still see them shuffling packages around before they leave.
No, don't assume. I had a crappy loader for 6 months, but never complained. I had 3 to 4 misloads everyday and stuff was always on the wrong shelf. I just sat back and enjoyed the OT. Some drivers will go nuts on you though.

PT Car Washer

Sure I didn't....

If he sucks at loading, then he's not replacing a proven un-loader who can get out of his truck in an hour or less. It doesn't work that way anymore....

A Sup will cry egress and help load his truck throughout the shift.
Absolutely correct. Unload sup will not allow the package car sup to dump his problem child on him. Neither well the seniority unloaders allow him to bump their jobs. The unload is not the worse place to be compared to preloading.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sure I didn't....

If he sucks at loading, then he's not replacing a proven un-loader who can get out of his truck in an hour or less. It doesn't work that way anymore....

A Sup will cry egress and help load his truck throughout the shift.

...and as a veteran driver I will bitch until that preloader is either replaced or I will punch in early and train said preloader...at the end of my training he will be running back to the unload...

Cementups

Box Monkey
...and as a veteran driver I will bitch until that preloader is either replaced or I will punch in early and train said preloader...at the end of my training he will be running back to the unload...

So as a Teamster you enjoy having discipline fallen upon your fellow Teamsters?

I only say this because I mentioned my PreComms in the Didad on the UPS Teamsters page once on Facebook and got blasted because I "ratted" on a fellow Teamster, which was not the case at all. I just want the kid to his job right. I certainly don't want him unemployed.

Drink Craft Beer

...and as a veteran driver I will bitch until that preloader is either replaced or I will punch in early and train said preloader
Sups do the training when it comes to new loaders. They have a 30 day window to train new employee which basically means they do 80% of the loading at first. If the new loader doesn't cut it or is a tweener, then they'll hire another person and do the same process over again. Having those 2 come in on different days to prolong the 30 day training period. The more often the Sup does the "training/loading" the better numbers for the hub.

at the end of my training he will be running back to the unload....
Like I said.....it doesn't work that way anymore. New hires don't automatically get put in the un-load. Making numbers starts with the un-load. If there's already guys in there getting out in less than an hour most of the time...then they're not going to move them. UPS just realized this like 5yrs ago.

If there's an opening on the belt, an un-loader will get a chance (if he wants to) to go see if he can earn the extra dollar an hour by being a competent loader. But they won't hesitate to bring him back down to the un-load if he doesn't like loading.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So as a Teamster you enjoy having discipline fallen upon your fellow Teamsters?

I only say this because I mentioned my PreComms in the Didad on the UPS Teamsters page once on Facebook and got blasted because I "ratted" on a fellow Teamster, which was not the case at all. I just want the kid to his job right. I certainly don't want him unemployed.

If you consider going from the preload to the unload to be a form of discipline then, yes, I guess I do enjoy when an underperforming employee is moved.