Is it THAT bad?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're guaranteed 7.5 hours as full time but only if you stand up for yourself. If you leave after 6 hours, that's on you. If you're done after 6 hours, tell your manager they need to find you another hour and a half of work.

We are only guaranteed 35 hours here, not 37.5.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't let all the "it's all crap" folks sway you from going for it. I've worked as a pt permanent DOT driver for over a year and enjoy the job and the people I work with.

Try it.

I'll second Route 66. For every stool pusher like you, there are 99 couriers who detest FedEx. It's all crap.

vantexan

I'll second Route 66. For every stool pusher like you, there are 99 couriers who detest FedEx. It's all crap.
Come on now, he's an old guy who likes having something to do part-time that doesn't require asking if one would like sliced potatoes with their burger.

McFeely

Huge Member
What time do FO drivers normally start where you guys are?

Probably depends on the station. We send one driver to the ramp each morning to shuttle all the FOs, then he meets up with typically one other driver when he's back in town to split up the FO stops.

So I'd guess we have one that starts at like 5:00 and the other guy around 6:45 or so.

outtatime

What time do FO drivers normally start where you guys are?
Large station in a major metro city in the eastern time zone here, FO usually start about 5:30am, leave for the airport ramp by 5:50. If everything is on time from Memphis (yeah right) the FO drivers should have all their packages and be leaving the airport about 6:40. Stations a little farther from the airport will send 1 FO courier to pick up all the packages, then meet the rest of that stations FO couriers at a designated location to split the stops up.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
This is what you have to look forward to:
dt151115.jpg

Purplepackage

Probably depends on the station. We send one driver to the ramp each morning to shuttle all the FOs, then he meets up with typically one other driver when he's back in town to split up the FO stops.

So I'd guess we have one that starts at like 5:00 and the other guy around 6:45 or so.

2 guys start at 5am, one goes to the ramp for a mini sort to get mem paper and FO

1 person starts at 6:45 to run the early FOs that come from Newark and the rest of our FO drivers don't start until sort start time

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Come on now, he's an old guy who likes having something to do part-time that doesn't require asking if one would like sliced potatoes with their burger.

We have a few of these. They need the extra bucks because their retirement plan from their first career isn't cutting it, or they have a spouse in ill health that needs catastrophic medical coverage.

Purplepackage

He probably has a bunch of Bravo Zulus for working off the clock. BTW, did you know Smith stole the BZ deal from the Marines?

I love the guys who come in early, on a route I run a lot te guy next to me is a late starter and punches in at 8:15, but for some reason he is there everyday around 7:20 helping pull the belt. It blows my mind

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I love the guys who come in early, on a route I run a lot te guy next to me is a late starter and punches in at 8:15, but for some reason he is there everyday around 7:20 helping pull the belt. It blows my mind

I don't know of anyone at my large station who works before their start time. I know a CSA who works after she's punched out though.

MassWineGuy

No, guys. No other retirement plan. I don't push stools and I like the job. You losers on the other hand, need to simply quit and go be greeters at Walmart. If you're bitter, angry pissed off and unhappy with the company, then leave and spare the rest of us your pitiful driveling. Nobody's holding a gun to your head to stay at FedEx.

MAKAVELI

No, guys. No other retirement plan. I don't push stools and I like the job. You losers on the other hand, need to simply quit and go be greeters at Walmart. If you're bitter, angry :censored2: off and unhappy with the company, then leave and spare the rest of us your pitiful driveling. Nobody's holding a gun to your head to stay at FedEx.
Oh look guys. We have a bleeder! ;)

dezguy

No, guys. No other retirement plan. I don't push stools and I like the job. You losers on the other hand, need to simply quit and go be greeters at Walmart. If you're bitter, angry :censored2: off and unhappy with the company, then leave and spare the rest of us your pitiful driveling. Nobody's holding a gun to your head to stay at FedEx.
The rest of us being...

Purplepackage

I don't know of anyone at my large station who works before their start time. I know a CSA who works after she's punched out though.

My station is super small compared to most not that it means much for the situation I guess. We only have 30 or so couriers. There's also a guy that comes in around 6:30 every morning even though sort punch time is usually 7:30 and I honestly have no idea what he does for an hour lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Have you met the new guy @Meat? You two would get along fabulously. BFF's for life.