Is it too much to ask?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
To have mgmt provide some ice water for the employees on a 100 degree day?

A lot of centers do, I know mine does. It still astounds me on how many people (both drivers and and inside employees) that do not bring a drop of water with them.

BrownArmy

Do yourself a favor and throw a couple gatorade bottles filled with water in your freezer at night - put one up front with you and keep another in the back. You'd be surprised at how well cardboard boxes will insulate that puppy - it will stay fairly frozen up to about noon.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A gallon cooler for water, a few frozen gatorades and smoe bottles of ice (to keep gatorade stay frozen for longer, AND a nice cooler and any 100 degree day is THAT much easier to get through.

My gatorade's stay frozen till about 430 :) which is more than I need

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Water, water, everywhere...how did people survive before they started putting water in bottles???? Water is free...the bottle cost an extra dollar.

Everyone needs water. No one needs a plastic bottle to help ruin the environment.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I DO,what about the part timers what about their wage?

Do they not have water fountains at your center?? In my hub, we have a big sexy ice machine and UPS hands out (even to part timers) smaller UPS coolers which you can fill with said ice, AND water and refill as needed throughout the shift.

bumped

We have water and gatorade provided for us. If you want to use the ice machine you better get there early as the ice runs out fast.

satellitedriver

To have mgmt provide some ice water for the employees on a 100 degree day?
Never rely on others to take care of your own simple needs.
Water costs about a penny a gallon out of the tap-(I am guessing, because I have my own well)-.
You have a freezer in your fridge, make ice every night.
After 25 yrs, I am on my third 3 gallon water cooler.
In this heat, it would be like driving your car on bald tires, without a spare tire in the trunk.
Manage yourself first, and, let UPS management mismanage the rest.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Your mommy doesn't work for UPS so learn to take care of yourself. If you know it's going to be 100 then be prepared for 100. Rely on no one but yourself.
There are times UPS puts out some water for us but I never expect it. Once you start expecting anything from UPS they will be quick to take it away.

brownboxman

Surprised at some of the snarky responses to the OP. Whats wrong with a boss showing some appreciation for hard work in the heat. They don't have to deliver them on route but a chest of waters ready when you hit the building is a big step in showing appreciation at minimal costs. "You make enough money buy your own", whatever!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I pay $4 for 4-1 litre bottles of water at a local convenience store. Everyday I fill them with water and put them in the fridge. When I wake up I go down and put them in the freezer so they ice up pretty well by the time I go to leave. I put three in a cooler (with a gatorade if I have one) and one in my bag. I get to work and fill my cooler with ice that the company provides (although I never asked for it I am grateful that they supply it). It's really not a hard process to be an adult and be prepared for the day ahead. I reuse those same bottles for a 2-3 week period, btw. $4 for the equivalent of 40-60 bottles of water. Sometimes more than that since one of my customers lets me fill one of my emties and put it in their freezer and I pick it up later when I do my pickup there.

satellitedriver

Surprised at some of the snarky responses to the OP. Whats wrong with a boss showing some appreciation for hard work in the heat.
Snarky?
It is called reality.
There would be nothing wrong with appreciation being shown, but you need to replace the word appreciation with expectation to understand the new and improved corp mind set.
Actually, under OSHA law all employers must provide these three things, when heat advisory conditions exist.-( as they presently do in 32 States)-
1. Water
2. Shade
3. Rest breaks
This is the reality,
1. Every center has water faucets-(except mine)
:happy2:
2. Every pkg car has a roof, so you have shade.
3. Every driver has the right to break up their lunch break into "breaks" in the day.
Per legal, all laws have been met.
My center ,of less than 60 drivers, has only had 1 driver hospitalized for heat stroke, so the center percentage is still good with corp.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Never rely on others to take care of your own simple needs.
Water costs about a penny a gallon out of the tap-(I am guessing, because I have my own well)-.
You have a freezer in your fridge, make ice every night.
After 25 yrs, I am on my third 3 gallon water cooler.
In this heat, it would be like driving your car on bald tires, without a spare tire in the trunk.
Manage yourself first, and, let UPS management mismanage the rest.

thats funny that hoax likes this...what are you trying to say mister??